029

________________________________________

Everest didn't want to be there when Simon's resurrection was decided. He didn't want to think about it but he was hoping that once they buried him, he would rise out even if he became a vampire. Everest eyes were blood eye from the crying and he couldn't stop shaking. 

It was like his hands were on fire. Nothing right now was making any of this better. He would lay down but have the urge of standing back up. So instead of forcing himself to do anything he didn't want to do. He instead started pacing around the room. 

The worried that filled him didn't let him settle. It grabbed a tight hold on him and wouldn't let him go, no matter how much he wanted it to. He didn't want Simon to suffer but having to kill Simon is something he wanted no part of. 

It was a difficult fight between his heart and his brain. 

He just didn't know what to do but wait.

Maybe he wasn't as strong as he think he'll be in a situation where he loses someone he cares so much about.

He wishes he was he was or Clary wouldn't be doing this alone.

_________________________________________________

Alec was throwing fist and fist. He keep his stance constant and without flaws and he swung at the punching bag. 

Magnus walked up to him, a folder in his hands. The moment Alec noticed him, he straightened himself up before moving to up something on. 

"I have the preliminary autopsy findings," Magnus said handing him the folder. 

"Why are you giving this to me? This should go to the head of the Institute" Alec responded looking at the folder before settling it down. 

"And it is." Magnus offered him a smile. 

"I'm not and never will be," Alec responded.

"Magnus, it's like...it's like my whole life has been a lie. Now, everything I've ever known is -"

"It's not what you thought," Magnus helped him finish. Alec nodded breathing heavily before sighing.

"I've done everything for my parents, for the Clave," Alec breathed heavily. "I've done everything that they've asked," he stuttered. 

Magnus stared at him. "Maybe you should start living for yourself. Do what's in your heart,"

Alec stared at him for a moment.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Alec sighed. "But I think you're right."

Magnus gave him a smile. 

"Go to him," Magnus said making Alec look at him in confusion.

"Go to Everest. It doesn't look like he's holding up to well," Magnus said a look of sadness on his face for Everest. 

Alec stared at him again. 

He hasn't seen Everest since Simon first came in and when he had left, he could see how Everest was really taking the news. Alec stood here, complaining about his life when Everest was close by, filled with grief.