On the Rocks (Tom Hardy)

I have decided I sort of like writing Tom, so here is some more Tom. I think this one is going to have a few multiple parts.

-----------------------

"Is that the last one?" You look at the man standing in the door of your flat.

"Yes." he nods firmly, taking a quick glance around to make sure he has everything.

"Okay, well," You place your hands on your hips and sigh, "did you even think of a storage unit? I mean, come on, my place isn't going to hold all of this."

You shouldn't be so damn hard on him, but you can't help it. He had come to you a week ago, desperate for a place to live - temporarily - he had informed you. Being a good friend, you couldn't very well let him live in a hotel, or in his car. When you had agreed, you didn't realize that temporarily housing Tom Hardy, meant temporarily housing all of Tom's stuff too.

You had a one room flat, in the East end of London, it wasn't big or fancy, but it had served as home for the last two years. Having Tom's mountain of boxes sitting in the only living space you had made it look more like the back room of a shop.

"You think I didn't look into that?" he challenged, his brow raised. "I did. Really, I did, but it was short notice and now I have to wait, until something comes available."

"Okay, fine." You concede, adjusting the headband you had to keep our hair back while helping your friend move. "Until then, we'll just sacrifice half of the living room and I guess part of my room."

"I know this isn't ideal." Tom frowned, pushing a box out of the way with his foot. "My deepest apologizes, but I promise this won't be long. I've got someone on the hunt for a new place, right away."

"I know." You nod trying to hide the frustration in your voice.

This isn't his fault, well not entirely. You know that he would never ask, if he didn't need your help. Tom was too proud for that.

"I needed a place, where I knew I could just be for a bit." he explained with a small shrug. "No questions, no judgment."

"I know." You repeat your previous words. "And I am happy to provide that, I am. Although, there are some questions." You move a small box off of the counter top, trying to get into the coffee maker. "Have you told anybody about this?"

"About me living here?" Tom cocked his head to the side, scratching his chin. You roll your eyes at him. "No."

"Not what I meant." You dig the coffee out of the cupboard and set to work. "I meant, do they know about the..." you pause.

"No." Tom shook his head. "Family, close friends, but nobody else. We're not saying anything, until papers are final and hopefully, I have a home."

"Does she know that you're staying here?" You narrow your gaze at him.

When you had told him he could stay, you'd made it very clear that he told her and that he explained it was a last minute thing. Nothing premeditated.

"I mentioned it." Tom lifted a shoulder, half shrugging.

"Did you explain to her that I was a last minute detail? I don't need your soon-to-be ex wife thinking things that aren't true." You lecture him.

"Is the coffee finished yet?" he asked, glancing around you to look at the coffee maker on the counter.

"Tom." You groaned, rubbing your hands over your face. "You never told her? I told you, I don't want her thinking that I'm the reason you're no longer her husband. How could you do this to me?"