On the Rocks - Pt 6 (Tom Hardy)

So, we got some stuff going down...fair warning I'm giving this part more than a PG rating

-----------------------

Part Six

"Hold your horses." You mutter, walking toward the door. You'd been working on making the perfect cup of tea, when the intruder knocked the first time. After the second knock, you decided it was best not to ignore it.

"Charlotte!" You open the door to see none other than Mrs. Tom Hardy herself, smiling at you.

She was about the last person you expect to see on the other side of the door. Moving out of the way, you let her cross into your flat. If you said this moment wasn't a tiny bit awkward, you would be a liar.

"Is Tom around?" Charlotte asks, her dark eyes flicker in a sweeping gaze of your small and cluttered space.

"No." You shake your head and return to the cup of tea you'd deserted. "Cup of tea? I have coffee, if you'd rather?"

"Tea is fine, unless you have something with a higher alcohol content." she laughs, taking a seat by the counter.

"Sorry, I think I'm all out." You smirk, reaching for the tea pot and a second cup. "Rough day?"

"Never get divorced." Charlotte shrugs and shakes her head. "Divorce lawyers will find a way to crush every ounce of spirit that you have."

Pouring the second cup of tea, you place it down in front of her. Picking up your own, you take a sip before replying. "Sorry."

It is a lame attempt on your part, but what else are you to say? You are sorry. Sorry she and Tom are going through this. Sorry that you haven't been a better friend, to her. Sorry that you are secretly happy her marriage is over.

"Why? It isn't your fault that we didn't work out." Charlotte offers, sipping her tea. "Can I be honest with you, for a moment?"

"Of course!" You insist. "Char, you know that you can be. Whenever you want to talk, I'm around."

"Yes, but Tom has been living here and I wasn't sure if..." She pauses. "If you were taking sides, or not."

You could see her point. Tom living with you would easily convey that you had, in fact, taken a side. Never the less, Charlotte was still your friend as well.

"I wouldn't. I only let Tom stay here, because he told me it would be a month, maybe two." You chuckle. "You know me, I can't see somebody be left in a bad spot."

"No, of course not." Charlotte agrees. "I'm happy he called you. He doesn't need judgment or prying people, while this is going on. We agreed, together, a divorce would be good for us. I'm worried about Tom, though."

"How so?" You furrow your brow and lean against the counter top.

As far as you could tell, Tom was Tom. Things were the same as they always were with him.

"Every time I see him; he just looks so beat down." she scowls. You stay silent, not really knowing what she is talking about. "Maybe he is just tired, from work or something?"

"He has been keeping some weird hours." You add, blowing on your cup of tea. "They have him working straight out, then he doesn't film for days. Otherwise, he seems fine."

"Maybe it is the fact he has to see me." Charlotte laughs at herself. "I can't imagine that thrills him any."

"Now don't say that." You shake your head and offer her a smile. "You might not be together, but you know Tom still adores you. He would never be upset to see you."