Kærestefolk (Alex Høgh Andersen)

"You know you love him when you can't sleep at night and get up early to talk to him the next morning."

The quote fleeted through her mind as she glanced at the clock, the bright green numbers told her that it was about twenty minutes to 5AM. What sane person was awake this early? The sun hadn't even began to think of rising and nothing in the city would be open for another two hours at least. Too bad for her, she had to be home before her husband; he would be finishing night shoots in another hour and it would be wise to be there before he came back.

On the edge of the bed, she glanced over her shoulder at the man in the bed, he looked so peaceful when he slept. His arm tucked up under his head, the other clutching the pillow beside him. Moments ago the same arm had been wrapped around, tucking her in safe and sound. She shivered, as if the realization of the warmth he'd provided was now gone, leaving her to fend for herself in the chill of the dimly lit room.

Quickly, she set to work finding her clothes, her hair a mess and his tshirt hanging low enough to barely cover her ass while she scurried around. With a thump and a curse, she whimpered, banging her toe on the side of a dresser. Tears welled up in her eyes and she flinched, hoping that she hadn't woke him. She wanted this get away to be as clean as possible.

No such luck.

"Wake the dead, woman." He muttered barely awake.

"Sorry, Alex." She apologized pulling her panties out of his boot.

"Why are you out of bed?" Alex grumbled at her, reaching for her pillow and smacking his hand into it. "Come back here, right now!"

"I need to leave. I've stayed too long already." she replied shuffling around.

The problem of being in...voled with a married woman. His lover was always running away, running home to her husband – his friend and work mate, none the less.

"It's way too early to be awake." he replied with a stiff yawn. "Besides, I don't want you to go, not yet."

As much as she'd love to stay, this was not the time.

"Please, only ten more minutes. Then," Alex smiled slyly, his blue eyes sleepy, "I'll let you run home."

"Spoiled baby." she winked playfully at him. Fixing her hair, she yawned and carefully did a sweep of the floor for anything else she may have left there. "I'm not going back to bed, not with you anyway."

"Suit yourself." Alex leaned over to pull a cigarette from the pack on his bed side table. Lighting up, he took a long drag, watching her search for her bra. Under the bed, her side. Keeping that detail to himself, Alex studied her movement.

What she ever saw in her husband was beyond him.

The way she complained, telling him how dull and boring their marriage had become. How her husband was more into work than her, shameful. Until she was ready, Alex was willing to keep his opinion to himself, despite how much he wanted her to end it.

What would a divorce change? Alex wasn't stupid enough to think she'd leave and magically run to him. No, this was fun – dirty, secret sex, nothing else.

"Is that my shirt?" he inquired, sitting up against the head board, his cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. She glanced at the tshirt and nodded. "I think that is the best it has ever looked." he complimented, leaning over and digging through his bedside drawer.

"You are full of shit." she smiled, bending to pick up her skirt.

"It's part of my charm." he bantered, shutting the drawer and sitting up to reveal a camera in his hand. Going silent for a moment or two, he fiddled with the camera, while she finished her search. "Smile!" he called out, grinning from ear to ear, as he snapped a photo catching her off guard.

"Put that away!" she demanded with a worried look.

What did he think he was doing? They'd agreed, no evidence.

"No." he argued, taking another photo and grinning.

"Please, it is early and the flash is way too bright. Besides, why do you want photos of me trying to escape you anyway?" She turned to give him a grand view of her ass, sliding her panties on over her hips. A deep throaty laugh emerged from the younger man in the bed.

"Because it gives me something to enjoy, when you're not here." he answered, checking the lens and taking another few photos. She sighed as the camera snapped, sometimes he was impossible. "Now, give me a smile or do something, I don't know, sexy." he laughed at the last bit.