Waking Up in Vegas (Jai Courtney)

"Honey, so good of you to rejoin me." Jai greeted her, when she walked into his room. "I thought I'd lost you, after the elevator."

"Sorry, I had a phone call." She replied, looking up from her phone to be greeted by a half naked Jai Courtney. "Fuck, put your clothes on." she whined.

"I have underwear on, calm down." Jai chuckled, walking across the room and into the bathroom. Returning with a white fluffy hotel robe, he threw a matching one at her. "Come on, join me for an after birthday dinner drink."

Sliding the white robe on over her party dress, she loosely tied the belt and hopped onto the giant bed that stood in the middle of the hotel room. Across the hall, her room was just a nice. Decorated in clean modern designs, her bed equally as big and lush.

"I ordered pizzas." Jai held up a large white pizza box in one hand, a bottle of Canadian whiskey in the other. "Cheese and olives, for you. Pepperoni for me."

"All the stops." She teased, taking a slice of pizza and placing the box on the floor.

"See, I was kind of a dickhead, now I need to work really hard to make up for it." Jai sighed, opening the bottle of whiskey and handing it to her. No need for glasses.

Wiping the back of her hand across her mouth, she licked her lips and took a bite of her pizza, nodding at Jai.

To say he was a dickhead was the understatement of the year. Jai had gone beyond dickhead level. Since their argument, he had been doing everything he could to apologize. Whether she wanted him to or not. Asking for space had been the only thing she'd wanted, she should have known better.

Jai had found her, not like her attempt to hide at her mother's had been a very good one, pestering her into listening to his first apology. It had been sincere, but he could have done a lot better and she told him just that.

Jai sat on the bed, his back resting against the head board, pizza in hand. "I know that you're getting sick of me, but I am sorry. I've no idea why I snapped like that. It wasn't fair to you or Denzi."

He had apologized, immediately to his son, but he wasn't sure if the three year old fully understood. Jai had told her that he'd done his best to get Denzi to understand, Jai left out the part where he had cried for almost two hours after.

"Jai." Her voice was stern, yet soft. "Not tonight. I want to enjoy what is left of my birthday, without having to relive that shit show."

"Whatever you want, babe." Jai smiled, nudging her foot with his. "If I ever turn into that big of an asshole, ever, again then you have full permission to smack the shit out of me. I was way out of line."

"You were." She agreed. How could she not? He had yelled at her, lost it with Denzi, and did the one thing she never thought he ever would, using Denzi to guilt her. "But, I'm being serious, Jai. I don't want to go over that, not right now."

Taking a swig from the bottle of whiskey, Jai held it out for her to take. Accepting the half full bottle of liquid, she tipped it up taking a few huge gulps before handing it back to him. It burned on the way down, she didn't mind because after a few more gulps she wouldn't even notice.

Sitting on the bed, mirroring Jai, she sat with her back against the headboard and her legs stretched out. It had been ages since they had spent a night like this. Talking, laughing, drinking, and generally causing some sort of trouble.

When he had made his apology around the third or fourth time, Jai had informed her that he'd kept the bookings in Las Vegas. She hadn't been entirely surprised to hear that news. Since she had met Jai, a birthday didn't pass, where he didn't try to do something for her.