Handle with Care (Jai Courtney)

Not the typical fluffy Jai, but we get to learn a bit more about our character

-----------------------

"Honey." Jai raced to meet her, as she staggered through his front door.

Opening the front door, she had knocked over the stand just inside, bumped into the wall and was loudly sobbing. Even if a person wanted to ignore her, there was no chance.

"Why are you here? What's going on?" he closed the door behind her, swiftly doing up his jeans before taking the heels that she was holding. She looked like he needed a drink. From the smell, she'd already had more than a few.

Being held in his arms only seemed to worsen her state. Great!

Her fingers curled around his shirt as she began to sob, Jai could feel the hot tears melting into the material and resting on his skin. Caught in the entrance, holding her in his arms, trying to control the sobs and tears Jai felt helpless.

"My life is such a fucking joke." she wailed, her arms dropped at her sides and her face still in his chest. "Oh god."

"Babe, you need to take a breath. Calm down, we'll sit down and you can tell me what's happened." Jai spoke soothingly, rubbing her back. His hands felt warm when they moved across the open back of her dress, connecting with her skin.

So much for a nice evening in with Meredith. Shit! He had got up when the door had opened, leaving the poor woman in the bed room by herself. Surely, she would have heard the commotion, his apartment wasn't that big. Great, now Jai would have to end his evening to console his hot mess of a friend.

"You need to sit down, love." he coaxed, taking a few steps toward the living room.

"I need a fucking drink." she mumbled, refusing to move from his embrace.

She wasn't making this easy, as Jai walked with his arms still around her. If she thought he was going to carry her drunk and crying ass, she was mistaken. Not this time.

"I think you've had enough of those." Jai cautioned, slowly guiding her into the living room.

Finally taking the time to notice her surroundings, she hiccuped and wiped the back of her hand across her nose. Fuck! She had totally forgotten that Jai had a date this evening. In her defense, it was only Meredith. If the woman wanted to date the great Jai Courtney, then she had to get used to this sort of thing.

Wrapped in Jai's hug, she huffed when he let go and pointed to the couch. She wanted a drink, not to lie down on the couch and tell him her problems. If she wanted to do that, then she would have called a shrink. Sniffling, she begrudgingly sat on the couch, slouching.

How did her life turn out so terrible? Why couldn't she have gone out, just one night, with her girlfriends and not ended up in a mess of tears? Why did the universe hate her?

"Hey, are things okay?" she heard Meredith's voice.

She couldn't see the other woman, but she didn't have to because instinct told her that the pretty blonde would look stunning even with her make out hair and smudged lipstick.

"Meredith, babe, I'm sorry." Jai apologized, rubbing the other woman's arm. "I don't know what is going on, but I can't just leave her like this." his voice was gentle, but not hushed to the point she couldn't hear from where she was left in the living room.

"Call me tomorrow?" Meredith smiled and kissed him. "Let me know how she is, poor thing."

"Of course!" Jai smiled following his girlfriend to the door. "No worries, I'm sure she'll be fine."