Filled With Laughter & Hope for the Future (Jai Courtney)

Okay, somebody on tumblr asked what happened to Jai and Cosette. They were curious about their future. I wrote a few lines of various things that could happen to them, but then I decided that there was one I liked the most. So, I wrote it. This is what I think happens to them.

Ten Points, if you know where the title came from! 

-----------------------

"I am so, so, so sorry!" Cosette apologized, pulling her shoes off and pouting as she walked into the kitchen. Greeted by the sight of a handsome man, and two puppies playing under foot, Cosette smiled.

"Babe, it's completely fine." Jai smiled, kissing her and going back to the peppers he was chopping.

"What's with the accent, there Skippy?" Cosette eyed him suspiciously, crinkling her nose in disgust. Stooping to scratch Gannicus and Four behind the ears, she glanced up at Jai waiting for her answer.

Being welcomed by this "American" Jai wasn't how she had pictured coming home from work.

"Sorry." Jai laughed a little, clearing his throat. He had been too busy watching her bend over, her skirt rising a little. "Just working on my accent, it needed a little practice." His native Australian accent crept back in, music to Cosette's ears.

"Yeah, I'm still not sure how I feel about that guy." Cosette kissed his newly shaved cheek, before reaching around him and taking his bottle of beer. Taking a long sip, she sighed happily.

Jai rolled his eyes and kept his comments to himself. As much as he adored the woman stealing his beer, there were times when she was something else entirely. As an actor, he was used to different accents, personas, and the even looks. Cosette, as much as she would support his career, just couldn't get used to those things as easily.

"What's for dinner, mate?" Cosette set the beer down, trying her best Australian accent. Jai snorted, this was a new one. She was absolutely terrible at it. "See!" Cosette poked him in the ribs, "It's fucked up."

"You're an awful Aussie, love." Jai frowned, when she took a slice of the red pepper he had just cut. "Hey! Stop! Dinner will be ready in a jiff."

Reaching into the fridge, producing two new beer, Cosette popped the tops and handed one to Jai, keeping the other. "I should be making you dinner." she pointed out. "You're the one leaving tomorrow."

Shaking his head, Jai took the bottle of beer and took a long drink. "Naw, babe. It's fine, no worries. I like cooking for you."

Cosette grinned lazily, leaning against the counter. She could have offered to help, but secretly, she was enjoying watching her man do all the work. The only way this could get better was if he were naked, but she wasn't so sure that was safe. A burn on that beautiful body would be a sin of the highest sorts.

"Do you have to go?" she pouted at him. Batting her eye lashes.

"Yes." Jai nodded. "I have to go. It won't be long, only six weeks. In three weeks, I get a few days with you. Then, in three more weeks, I am home for five days and we get two solid months of vacation."

When Jai said it, the time frame seemed as though it would fly by!

Cosette knew better. This wasn't her first rodeo, so to speak. Since she had met Jai, he had disappeared twice already to film and then a few times for other work related reasons. The longest he had been gone being a nine week shoot, a few months after they'd got together. Nine weeks in Montreal seemed to zoom by, yet six weeks in various parts of Europe felt like they were never going to end.

Vacation seemed promising. Jai had been at Cosette to make plans, insisting they go somewhere like Cuba, anywhere in South America, or Mexico. Cosette was pushing for a few months in Australia, maybe New Zealand, or Fiji. Spending the entirety of two months in Australia, was in no way a vacation for Jai, but if it was what Cosette truly wanted then she'd get it.