Dead Man's Affair - Pt 2 (Tommy Shelby - Peaky Blinders)

"Thomas fucking Shelby," Polly's eyes narrowed and her painted red lips pursed. Hanging his hat and jacket on the designated coat rack, Tommy took his time to address his irritated aunt.

"Yes, Pol?' Tommy adjusted his sleeves and undid a button on his waist coat, preparing to take a seat at his desk.

"Do you mind telling me what the hell is going on? Taking jobs and not bothering to include the details or thinking to tell anyone? You lot take off for London and I'm left here to deal with your dirty work?" Polly huffed at her nephew.

Only she would dare to lecture Tommy on the jobs taken by the Peaky Blinders. Cowering to the corner of the office, Finn watched wide eyed, baited breath for Tommy's answer.

"I've taken on many jobs, you need to be more specific, Pol." Tommy squared his shoulders, his eyes calm and his jaw set.

Scoffing, Polly smacked her hand against Tommy's desk. "Don't play dumb, not with me, Thomas. I've had men all but knocking on the damn door looking for you and John. Whatever business you have with Alfie Solomons this time best be worked out and cleaned up, quickly."

Alfie Solomons had no current business with the Peaky Blinders, fucking Arthur, going behind Tommy's back again. When Tommy saw his older brother, there would be a lecture in that meeting. How many times had he told Arthur not to get into any business, without consulting him fist?

How were the Peaky Blinders to remain at the top, if they couldn't get their act together and work as a unit?

Tommy nodded curtly. "I'll sort any business with Mr. Solomons."

The answer seemed to ease Polly, as she looked less tense and her posture softened. Finn sat watching the interaction between the family elders, Aunt Polly and Tommy were always butting heads. There wasn't a time when Finn could remember the not.

"Tell him to keep his whore out of our office as well. Walking in here like she owned the damn place, demanding she speak to you straight away." Polly's lip curled in distaste.

"I don't know any ladies that keep his company," Tommy replied, pulling a stack of papers off of the desk corner. Bets to be made, bets to be paid.

"Ada seems to think you do." Polly looked down her nose at her nephew. "Eileen Clayton, she stormed in here claiming she'd had a meeting with you. You'd agreed to take a job for her?"

What did Eileen Clayton's horse have to do with Alfie Solomons looking for a war?

Tommy's crisp blue eyes darkened, his jaw tensed and the paper in his hand crumbled under the gripping pressure. "Eileen Clayton?" he repeated the name. "She had a horse, I agreed to help her with a racing issue. Nothing more and nothing less."

Finn perked up at the mention of the woman. He had remembered her well, perfectly curled dark hair, striking eyes and a coldness that had been aimed directly at the young man who had stalked about in the corner. Eileen Clayton was the woman who had murdered her husband, so Finn was convinced.

"You may want to tell her gentleman caller that." Polly warned.

"Yes, Pol." Tommy was growing irritated with the idea of Eileen Clayton. "I will have words with Mrs. Clayton."

Before he could stop them, the words were on the tip of his tongue. Sliding out and into the air, Finn could feel the wrath that was about to be laid and yet the words still came.

"I thought we weren't to make Eileen Clayton's business our own?" Finn piped up from the corner.

Jabbing a finger in Finn's direction, Tommy shot him a cold glare. "And I thought you were to shut your mouth, if you wanted to be a part of these meetings? Another word and I swear I'll..."