The Adventure of a Lifetime (Jai Courtney)

Here is it! The end of the line for Jai and Cosette. I took some time to write it, I hope it won't disappoint. I've really enjoyed these two. They are two of my favourite character to write. So, please, settle in and enjoy :)

-----------------------

"Jai!" Cosette laughed, her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs dangling across his arms. "Put me down!"

"Not yet." He grunted, fiddling with the door handle.

Complaining about how he was going to drop her, or break his back, Cosette rolled her eyes at her new husband.

"Got it!" Jai announced, shoving the door open with his foot and walking into the apartment.

Closing the door with a kick of his foot, he ignored his wife's pleas to drop her and surged forward through the dwelling. Down the hall, around the corner, ending in their bedroom. Sitting his wife on their bed, as gently as he could, Jai rushed back to the front door to lock it. Securing they weren't going to be interrupted by anybody.

Walking back down the hall, he could hear Cosette's giddy laughter. Beaming, he entered the bedroom, shutting the door behind him and kicking off his dress shoes. Jai hated those damn things, they were uncomfortable, stuffy, and made his feet look like they belonged to a clown.

"What's so funny?"

"This." Cosette waved her hand around, casually indicating the entire situation. "Have you thought about how fucked this is? It's our wedding night and we're spending it at home."

"We could have gone to the hotel." Jai shrugged his jacket off and tossed it. "But, if I am going to spend all night making my wife scream my name, I figured we'd be more comfortable in our own surroundings."

"You, Mr. Courtney, are a very naughty boy." Cosette accused, backing up onto the bed when Jai moved to stand between her legs.

"Stand up." Jai demanded, grabbing her hand and pulling her to her feet. On her feet, Cosette stood toe to toe with him, her gaze traveling upward to look him in the eye. "I've been waiting all week for this."

Cosette bit her bottom lip, waiting for one of them to break and make the next move.

It felt like the last two weeks had been consumed by final details of their wedding planning. Cosette had hardly a chance to see Jai, which meant they'd hardly had a chance to enjoy each other - intimately.

Up until 36 hours ago, Cosette had been looking forward to their honeymoon. Three weeks in Cape Town, South Africa. It was going to be heaven, until Jai got a call telling him that Sam Worthington had dropped out of a production and Jai was the guy they wanted.

He had refused to take the role, until he had talked it through with Cosette. It was last minute and he wouldn't walk out on their plans, unless she gave him the go ahead. Finding out that Denzel Washington and Hugh Jackman were attached, Cosette had practically called his agent back on her own to confirm Jai would take the role.

So what? He had to leave South Africa a week early to be in Chicago for a month, it wasn't the end of the world. Cosette wasn't stupid, she knew how to play her cards, meaning the first week she would tag along until she had to return back to Vancouver.

"I like that tuxedo." Cosette practically purred at him. Her fingers tracing along the buttons of the crisp white shirt Jai wore. She'd saw him in tuxedos a number of times, but this was by far the best one. "I'd like it better, if it was on the floor."

"Oh, you are smooth, Mrs. Courtney." Jai leaned forward, his forehead resting against hers.

"Mrs. Courtney." Cosette repeated with a giggle. "Mrs. Cosette Courtney. Mrs. Jai Courtney. Mrs..."