A Girl Walks Into A Bar (Jai Courtney)

I apologize that this is sort of all over the place. At the same time, I feel the scattered direction sort of helps it along. Keep in mind this is an awkward as fuck time for these two.

-----------------------

"Honey, about time." Jai's voice rang out over the noise of the crowded pub. "I thought you were standing me up."

Rolling her eyes at him, she adjusted the bag on her shoulder and smoothed her hands down over her jeans as she walked closer. He had asked her to meet him at 6:00, she was early by twenty minutes.

"Hey, Booms." She smiled and kissed his cheek, wiping her lipstick off with her thumb. "What's new since I saw you this morning?"

"Not a hell of a lot." Jai shrugged, handing her a beer.

He had managed to lock his keys in the car, when dropping Denzi off at playgroup. Refusing to spend money on calling for assistance, Jai called her at work instead, knowing she had his spare key.

The case of morning Daddy Brain had gotten keys locked in the car, Denzi's backpack left behind, and had left Jai late for an audition when he'd misplaced the address of the casting office.

His day was going absolutely perfect!

"How did the audition go?" She wondered if she dared to ask.

He had sent her a text, asking if she could manage to track down the proper address. She had grumbled, insisting that is what he had an assistant for, but did it anyway. Why were people getting paid to do a job, which she did? If Jai wanted her to do things like this, from now on he was paying her too. She felt pretty proud of that thought.

"It went." Jai shrugged and frowned. "I'm not holding my breath. I was almost twenty minutes late and they said something about wanting a friendly sound for Mr. Patmore the Penguin."

Hiding her giggles, she gave him the most sympathetic look she could muster. When Jai had told her that he had an audition for the voice of a cartoon penguin, she wasn't entirely sure it would be the role for him. Never the less, she had wished him luck, and assured him that it would be a role Denzi would love to watch.

The only reason he had agreed to go to the audition, was because of Denzi.

Not that Denzi would ever care, at this age, if Jai was the voice or not. Denzi's interest would be in the fact that it was a cartoon about talking animals. Jai had agreed to take the audition, in hopes it would be something he could at least share with his son. At this rate, nothing he did could be viewed by his son for at least another thirteen years.

"But, I managed to get some other shit sorted." Jai's frown turned upward into a smile. "I can't tell you right now, but I promise as soon as I am allowed, you're my first to know." He continued to smile like a fool.

Whatever Jai was up to, she wasn't sure she wanted in. Whatever Jai was up to, clearly had him excited.

"Good." She returned the smile, tipping it to her lips and taking a quick survey of the pub.

Her feet were sore and she wanted to sit down, take the pressure off of them. Why did she insist on wearing heels anyway? She hated them. Although they did make her ass look fantastic, especially in the jeans she was wearing.

Finding seating limited, she shrugged and made her own seat. Grunting that the seat was already taken, Jai shook his head at her ability to ignore him. Settled on his knee, she leaned forward and rested her elbows on the bar, reaching for the plate of fries sitting there.

"Sit on me and steal my food, sure. I don't mind." He teased, gently poking her ribs. "Do you want to drink my beer too?"

"No, thanks. I have my own, which I believe you're paying for."