Haunting Halloween : After the Party (Ubbe - Vikings)

Stumbling through the front door, you giggled tripping over your own feet, luckily Ubbe caught you by the arm just in time. Hands firmly on your shoulders, he leaned you back into his chest directing you down the hall.

The apartment was dark, save for the light on over the stove, classic Ubbe always being prepared to some extent. His hands on your shoulders were like vice grips, steering you around the kitchen table and into your bedroom.

Your comment about dancing in his bed fresh in his mind, Ubbe groaned, pausing to flick on the light.

"Okay, time to get you out of this costume," He helped you sit on the bed, kneeling to pull off the boots you wore.

How you'd managed to get into this state with three-four drinks was astonishing. Hvitserk had really managed to outdo himself this time.

"Ubbe." You whispered, leaning forward and resting on him.

"Hmm?" He hummed pulling your left boot off and working on the laces of the right.

"You owe me a dance, love." You giggle softly.

"You're in no shape for dancing, babe." Ubbe chuckled, tossing your right boot into the corner with the left. "Come on, up you get, we have to get you out of this."

Protesting with a loud groan, you flop back on your bed, arms up reaching for your roommate who loomed over you. "I don't want to," you whine. "It makes me feel like a sexy princess."

"A Viking costume makes you feel sexy?" Ubbe laughed, shaking his head at you.

"A Viking costume makes you look sexy." You winked from where you laid on the bed. "Get over here, you sexy Viking."

Ubbe knew better than to give in, this wasn't the first time the two of you had been down this road. On more than one occasion since you'd become roommates Ubbe had helped you home, after a night of festivities. He was no stranger to the clingy behaviour you developed after a few drinks.

Standing at the foot of your bed, Ubbe rubbed a hand over his beard, sighing heavily. "It's late," He lied, it wasn't even 11:30PM. "You're going to sweat to death, you need to take that costume off, so you can get to bed."

"Ubbe," Your tone was meant to be flirty, instead it came off as drunk, "Are you trying to get me naked?" You fake gasp. "You're naughty."

"You caught me," Ubbe held his hands up in mock defense. "I'm just a pervert who wants to see his roommate naked."

Giggling you covered your face with your hands, when morning came and Ubbe retold this story over breakfast, you would be mortified. As much as you liked your roommate - what wasn't to like? He was handsome, kind, and absolutely the perfect guy - this was probably not how you wanted to try and get with him.

"It's okay, I'm a pervert, too." You loudly whisper, your eyes locked on Ubbe as you spoke. Yawning caused your face to soften, giving you a sleepy look. Ubbe's window to get you into your pajamas was closing. "Lay with me?"

"Only for a minute, then you are getting up and getting out of this costume." Ubbe lectured.

How could you argue with that face?

The bed dipped under Ubbe's weight, he paused to un clip his cape, crawling up beside you to rest. Laying on his side, head propped with his elbow, Ubbe studied you for a moment. Your eyes were a whirl of colour and your cheeks rosy from the alcohol and tiredness.

"Tonight was fun," You whispered, the moment felt as though it called for such a hushed tone.

"It was." Ubbe agreed quietly.

"Thank you for taking me." You continue to whisper, shifting to see him better. His beard looked rough in way of the costume, his blue eyes were clear, and you were even digging that silly fake pony tail.

"You're always welcome to join, you know that." Ubbe brushed a bit of hair from your eyes.

"I like being your roommate, Ubbe Ragnarsson." You muttered, butterflies trying to kill you, as his fingers brushed against your skin. "You're a good guy."

Which is what made this even more difficult.

There had been a brief moment, in the cab, when Ubbe had given your request a fleeting thought. Bringing you home, taking you to his room, stripping you out of that costume and...

Not tonight.

"You're a good roommate, Ub." You continued, reaching out to gently stroke his cheek. "You're a fucking handsome Viking, too."

Ubbe chuckled, capturing your hand and kissing your knuckles, "You have low standards, don't you?"

"Low standards is Greg, our pizza guy. Or even your brother," You wrinkled your nose at the options. Failing to mention which brother, Ubbe snickered. He had his ideas of who you were referring. "Not you."

"Not me?" He asked, teasingly.

"No. You, I like you. Hell, I may even love you, but I'm too drunk to actually know which right now."

"Well, if it makes it any easier, I may like or love you, too." a ghost of a smile crossed Ubbe's face, disappearing almost instantly. "But, you are a little drunk and now isn't the time to go making these big confessions."

"Wouldn't want to say something we'll regret, in the morning." You mumble, your eyes closing.

You'd already done enough of that, but Ubbe wouldn't bother to bring it up, unless you did. A soft snore interrupted Ubbe's thought process, beside him, still dressed in your Viking costume, you laid sound to sleep.

Flopping down on his back, Ubbe rested his arm behind his head, closing his eyes.