Working It Over (Captain Boomerang - Suicide Squad)

"Happy Birthday!" Izzy cheered, popping open the cliche, tan trench coat, letting it slide to the floor revealing her naked body.

"The fuck? It ain't me birthday." Boomerang rubbed the tip of his nose. "Put yer clothes back on, woman."

"Excuse me?" Izzy blew a stray curl out of her face, hands on her hips she glared at the man before her. "Since when did you pass on sex?"

She had been sure it was his birthday, hell she had even bought the perfect Unicorn puking rainbows as a card. Whatever, his loss on the card.

"I've got things to do, yer wastin' time, Iz." He didn't bother to look back at the naked and fuming woman who stood in the middle of his warehouse. If he played the cold shoulder then the sex would be better off, anyway. "Now hand me a beer and grab that duffle bag."

Muttering something about how she'd like to shove his dead body into a duffle bag, Izzy bent – shakily on the sky scraper heels – and grabbed a, no doubt filthy, tank top off of the floor and slid it on over her naked form. The fridge was almost empty, which meant it would only be a matter of time before George showed up at her small studio apartment, looking for something to eat.

Picking up two cans of beer, she violently shook one, making sure to hand it to him after she had opened hers. Cursing when the foamy beer sprayed into his face, soaking the front of his shirt, George sneered in Izzy's direction. "Bitch,"

His large mitt effortlessly swiped the can from Izzy's hand, tipping the cold liquid to his mutton chop covered lips, draining and crunching the can with one squeeze. Leaning against a ragged and worn couch, Izzy licked her lips and narrowed her dark eyes into a glare, her head tilted to the side.

"Big night?" She asked trying to peek over his wide shoulders at the duffel bag, the one she was supposed to get, but had conveniently forgotten to pick up from the floor.

"Huh?" Boomerang grunted at the dark haired woman beside him. "Nah, nothing to worry yer pretty head about, Iz."

"George," Izzy stood straight, his tank top hanging from her small shoulders, "did you take that job from a Mr. Oshiro, by chance?"

The Captain's silence was all that Izzy needed to confirm an answer. That fucker!

Not even two full days ago, Izzy had picked up that job. It was an easy in and out, with a decent pay off, once the goods were unloaded by Mr. Oshiro's thugs. Knowing Boomerang, he had picked the loot, but wasn't going to be in much of a mood to meet at the designated spot and time. If he fucked this up, it was bound to leave a bad taste in many mouths, not to mention the damages it could do for Izzy's own career.

Being a skilled thief and a woman was already a difficult task, be damned if she were allowing this bonehead to ruin that.

"Who am I to turn down a good job?" George cleared his throat, rubbing his fingers over the priceless crystal that had been stashed in his bag. "The price was right and I need a new muffler for me bike."

"A muff...a muff...." Izzy began to laugh loudly. "A muffler? I needed rent and bills paid, and..."

"Tsk tsk." The Captain wagged a meaty finger in her face. "Stealing to pay yer bills? Be honest about it or don't do it at all, Iz."

Of course, she should have known. What did Captain Boomerang know about paying bills or rent? He'd found this place when he'd got a tip that the owner was off to prison – tax fraud – and he certainly wasn't into paying for the electricity that he was jacking from a nearby power bank. The one time Izzy heard him even mention legal taxes, he had been at her to get married. George had claimed they would get better benefits that way, it seemed perfect to him, until Izzy pointed out that he couldn't do taxes based on stolen property.