Omega Child

A scowl made its way onto the alpha's face as he stared down in disgust at the child who was just brought into this world. How could the moon goddess have been so cruel to him? He'd sacrificed and lived a fair just life; he was fair to others even his enemies. So why did she deceive him so?

How could she give him a child who was destined to be some man's bitch? How could she give him an omega destined male? He'd asked to be blessed with dominant sons alone who would do him and the Kanine Pack proud but he'd gotten a dominant son and daughter. He could work with that.

But this...

She was mocking him. It had to be. Why else would she give him this low life for a son? No, he refused to call this thing his son.

He would blame his wife and mate for being unfaithful but based on her reaction when she too saw the child; she hadn't been unfaithful to him.

The tiny light brown wolf whimpered and cried as he reached his tiny paw out...feeling and reaching for some form of comfort but it never came. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet and already he could sense a tension in the room that was frightening. He reached again; but solace never came.

"Will one of you at least solace the child?" the pack doctor said holding the pup but his grip was loose and there was no love in it. The pack doctor held the child out to its mother. "Luna, will you solace your child?"

Nikita violently moved away with disgust on her face; a scowl twisting her feminine features. "That is no child of mine." She stated with disgust dripping off of each syllable. She waved her hands demonstrating her thorough disgust.

"But Luna; you gave birth to him." the doctor tried again.

"I will not solace it!" she yelled causing the child to cry out from the volume of her voice. The pack doctor pulled the pup back and held it close as if protecting it from it own mother who denied it. Then, he carried it over to the alpha.

"Then will you Alpha, solace your son?" James raked a nasty glare over the child's body as the omega stared up at him with vibrant caramel eyes.

The pup looked at the alpha and reached a paw out to him hoping that least he would offer him solace. James moved away as if to shield himself. "That is no child of mine. I will not solace it."

The pack doctor winced at the harsh remark as both parents condemned their own child. "Someone must look after him. He cannot grow up without a home or he will die." The doctor said hoping that his words would at least make them realize the extent of their condemnation.

It was a new born child. Without someone to look after him; he wouldn't last very long in this harsh world. The alpha let out a disgruntled growl.

"Fine; we will look at after it but I will not call it mine. Give it a name." James said dismissing him before going over to his mate to offer her solace. She seemed distressed with the realization that their youngest is an omega.

They cannot raise an omega with their children. He will contaminate and disrupt them. They are the future of the Kanine Pack and James would be dead before he lets some low life run it.

The doctor exited the delivery room and went to the room over where the pup's parents had spent months preparing it to suit for when the child finally arrive. Tim looked down at the small pup that was whimpering hysterically. He couldn't exactly blame him. He'd been denied by both his parents and given the harshness of their voices; this child would never know what it means to be loved.

His only hope was his mate.

Until then, he wished the child well. But maybe; he could raise the child. It would be better if he grew up thinking his father was a pack doctor rather than the alpha that rejected him. Yes, he would definitely do that.

Tim cradled the pup closely and ran a finger over the pup's forehead. Finally, those vibrant caramel eyes seemed happy. He'd made up his mind. He would look after the child and give him the love denied to him by his parents. He just couldn't take the child home with him and give him a shelter where he wasn't thought of as a low life.

He still is the alpha's son. Tim smiled and placed a soft kiss to the pup's head before setting him down in his cradle. The pup yawned and his lashes fluttered sleepily.

Tim pressed a hand to the pup's forehead. "Hush; I will look after you little Kian."

The pup, Kian, yawned again before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep. Tim walked over to a chair situated in the corner and brought it over and settled it next to the crib. Then, he sat down and began rocking the cradle with his foot while he looked through some papers.

His life will not be free of pain. Soon, he would come to know the truth of his birth and he would be greatly wounded by it. He would learn the truth of his mother and father and why he was taken in by a complete stranger.

He would learn why he had to turn to someone who was not related to him to find a home. But Tim held out hope.

Being the pack doctor for nearly half his life; he'd delivered many pups. The one thing he'd learnt was that parents should realize how blessed they are to be given even just one child. The alpha and his mate may never know it. If this is their reaction, Tim would say they do not deserve children. But he was in no position to say such.

**********

Two hours later, Tim was awoken from his sleep at the sound of a pup crying. Running a hand down his face and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he got up and stretched his arms over his head.

Then, he peered into the crib to see the tiny light brown wolf whimpering and crying as he rolled around. Tim picked the child up and cradled him closely trying hush him but Kian refused to be solaced.

After about twenty minutes of relentless crying; the door to the nursery was flung open and in the doorway stood the alpha. He looked highly annoyed and agitated as he glared with disgust at the small bundle of blankets in Tim's arms.

"Make it stop crying or I will stop it permanently!" the alpha growled.

"I've been trying but he refuses to settle down." Tim snapped angrily. The alpha could murder him for all he cared. He still couldn't comprehend how a man could throw away his own child.

James stormed over and violently grabbed the child causing the pup to scream out. There was no love in the way he held his own son. It was as if he intended to bash the child into the floor.

"Stop crying you filthy mongrel!" the alpha yelled at the child causing it to cry even more. He didn't understand what was happening. He was just hungry but he couldn't speak to tell them what was wrong. All he could do was cry and the man holding him was not helping. It terrified him.

"I'll kill you, you worthless garbage if you don't stop it this instant!" James yelled again. A furious tic worked in Tim's jaw as he felt the urge to lash out at the alpha. He's a fucking baby you piece of shit!

"That's enough!" Tim yelled taking Kian back and cradling him close. The alpha raked him with a disgusted glare.

"How can you coddle that thing?" the alpha asked with equal venom as his facial expression told.

"He's a baby. Do you think he understands what's going on? He's probably just hungry so if you'll be so considerate to show me where you're hiding the milk and bottles for him; I will gladly take care of it."

"It's in the kitchen." The alpha said after some silence. He wanted to kill Tim where he stood for daring to speak to him as such but he was the pack doctor and the best they had. He wasn't about to kill him. If anything, he'd rather kill the child...but, he's an alpha. So he can't do that either.

Tim began walking toward the door to head to the kitchen but before he left he looked back at the alpha. "I'm disappointed in you James."    

_______________________________________________

James at top.