Riley

Kian lay on his bed staring out the window watching as the sun beams danced across his floor. There was a huge tree out back which obscured the sun or moon light from entering his room but he loved it. It's why in times like this; when he felt at his weakest points, he would pull the curtains and stare out into the sky.

Day or night; he'd leave it open. The way the leaves obscured the light and the shadows danced on his walls and floor; he found something extremely calm and comforting about it.

His stomach growled loudly and he rolled over onto his back which was still sore, cut and bruised from the episode two days ago. Given his age, it would be a few days before he was completely healed. His healing enzymes weren't as strong as dominants. So until then, he tried not to move too much.

After the beating he received, he barely had an appetite because if he wanted to eat, he'd have to leave his room. If he left his room, he'd have to see one of them. He had no desire to see any of them; expect maybe his brother.

True, he hated them all; even Jason to an extent. He was still given luxuries and a familial love while Kian was left with nothing. He had no knowledge of the word 'love.' And he didn't think he ever would.

Jason tried; but no matter how much, Kian still saw in him what he didn't have. A family that loved and accepted him. Jason had that. He didn't have to worry about constantly watching over his shoulder even in his own home. Sure, the alpha could be harsh toward Jason at times; but he still loved him.

But he held no love or compassion for Kian. It's not like he expected anything from them; he didn't want it. If that was how they showed him their love, he could do without it. In all his six years; he'd learnt to endure pain and find comfort in misery. Now, he'd fully learnt to hate.

**********

"Get up, filthy child!" Kian winced at the sharp female voice that berated him. Then, he grimaced in distaste and pain when the person attacking him in his sleep, roughly gripped his arm and sat him up.

The sub stared into the eyes of the woman who'd given birth to him and so he hated her passionately. Why couldn't the stupid bitch have had a miscarriage or an abortion? Surely then, he wouldn't have to live like this.

"Go get cleaned up and wear something presentable!" Nikita barked at the sub roughly pushing him toward the bathroom. Kian put her out of his mind and hurried to get cleaned and dressed. He wasn't sure why they wanted him to do this but whatever it was, it had to be important for them to want him.

It didn't matter anymore. He had no intention of 'upsetting' them any further and he didn't feel like become their whipping dog today; so, he hurried in getting dressed. Kian dressed himself in navy blue long sleeved t-shirt and faded blue jeans before slipping into the best pair of sneakers he owned.

Combing his hair, the sub checked himself in the mirror to make sure he looked 'appropriate' and mostly to ensure that no evidence of his abuse was showing. Things were different in the Kanine Pack. Where abuse of children, dominants and omegas alike were usually frowned upon by most packs; there were still those that didn't care about those rules.

Unfortunately, Kanine was one of them. The sub left his room and began his journey to the other side of the mansion where his 'family' lived. A precaution his loving family had taken. They didn't want to raise an omega with Paris and Jason so Kian was forced to live on the side of the mansion as the other omegas regardless of the fact that he was also the alpha's son by blood.

Kian stood at the top of the long staircase that led down to the main foyer where he could hear several chipper voices speaking.

Are they going to introduce me as their 'charity case?'