Night Terrors

15 years old

Kian got out the small bus that had taken him, along with the rest of soccer team and the dominants from Mount Peak who tagged along. They'd come here for two main reasons; the subs needed new gear and they figured they'd spend some time just relaxing before they went back to the academy.

The sub chuckled as Jesse tried to make a dash for it and run into the building up ahead but Fang caught his arm but returned the crazy white blond bunny to his side. It had been made official as of last year that Jesse's identifier would be crazy white blond bunny simply because he's a pure white sub, looks kind of like a cute bunny and he's crazy. The sub was on a major sweet tooth so probably in truth, they came for three reasons.

The sub was banned from having any sweets on campus in the event that their coach would catch him; however it hadn't stopped the sub from smuggling them into his dorm room and hiding them under his mattress. Jesse was like a world class smuggler when it came to sweets.

Kian walked behind the rest of them with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't in the mood simply because one thing occupied his mind. In a few short weeks, they'd be heading home for the summer and that was last place Kian wanted to be.

Almost three years and still no one really knew what happened at home. Riley and Fang were growing suspicious and sometimes when he lied to try and get them off the topic, they would cast him a suspicious glare. That was another thing he feared; their reaction when they learnt he lived in hell whenever he went home.

Sure his mother and Jason tried making his stay better but even they wouldn't wash away the stain in his life that was his father and Paris. It seemed that the man became more volatile toward him last summer and Paris became an even bigger bitch.

She now had the aura; that kind of aura that makes a person look at her and think Bitch!

"Everything alright?" Kian snapped out of his train of thought and looked over to Nate to find the dominant giving him a concerned look.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The sub replied earning him a blank look; Nate's way of saying 'I don't believe that crap.' "Really Nate; I'm fine."

"Well you don't look fine. You look terrified." The dominant dead panned. Another thing about the dominant Kian had come to admire and find irritation was how much Nate cared about him or anyone. It seemed as if the dominant cared too much.

"Can we just not talk about it...please?" Kian shot back. He was not ready for anyone to know about what happens at home every time he went back, only now it was way worse and his mother and Jason doesn't know. James doesn't even know.

"Fine." Nate breathed as they continued walking. Kian shook his head angry with himself that his voice pitched a little. Damn it all!

The group split and the dominants went one way while the subs went the other way to go in search of the gear they would need.

**********

3 days later

Nate walked up to the third floor of the first building of the dorm rooms on the sub campus. He was worried about Kian. They'd become really good friends since first meeting each other but lately, Nate found himself feeling differently about the sub.

It wasn't a bad different; it was a good different but he wasn't sure how he felt about that change just yet. He needed a little time to figure out if what he's feeling is really what he wants. While he's never objected to idea, he just never thought he'd actually be in such a position.