Changed

Kanine; summer

Kian walked through the front door of his home and he was actually happy to be back knowing that things were different. He didn't have to constantly look over his shoulder to ensure no one was coming after him for a grope and he didn't have to worry about being blamed for things he didn't do.

He'd give Paris credit though. Ever since he turned twelve, it had become harder for her to land him in trouble but she always came up with some creative, smart, elaborate plot to get him in trouble. Up until last summer, Bradley was her main guy to get the job done but ever since the takeover, Paris had no choice but tuck her tail between her legs and go crying to daddy.

However, daddy could do nothing since mommy was in control now and she was merciless. But to Kian, she was his guardian angel sent by the moon goddess herself.

Ever since Nikita had become the alpha, Kian had been moved from the other side of the mansion to the half of the mansion where the rest of his family lived. James was still able to keep his rank but he lost the respect of most of his pack mates and the same was for Winston.

Not many frowned upon Bradley since he was only the future beta and his actions until he was old enough to take the beta position would not affect his reputation. So, he still got the girls.

The sub with light brown shaggy hair walked into the living area and found a large banner hanging from the ceiling. It was clearly hand-made and very pretty. It read 'Welcome home Kian.' The banner was light blue and the words were written in bold black with the letters outlined with silver glitter.

So, his mother had the unmated omegas busy. They did quite a great job.

"Mom? Jason?" he called looking around to see if they'd pop out from any one of the adjoining rooms. The front door opened and closed catching the sub's attention and as he turned around, he saw his brother come walking in. Of course he hadn't seen the sub due to the fact that his headset was on and he was looking down at his phone.

Kian walked up to his brother who still hadn't looked up to see where he was going. Just as planned, the dominant boy literally walked into the smaller boy.

"Oh...sorry, sorry. I'm so sorry-" Jason apologized profusely but stopped when he finally looked up and saw the sub. "You're home!" he cheered giving his brother a quick hug before pulling back and taking off the headset so it rested around his neck.

"Does mom know you're home?" Jason asked and the sub shook his head.

"No, I just got home. My stuff is still in the car...I think."

The dominant hooked an arm around his brother's shoulders and led him back into the living area where their mother was now entering from another part of the mansion. Nikita smiled wide upon seeing her youngest son as she walked forward and pulled him into a hug. She held him tightly to her before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Mom..." Kian whined blushing profusely.

"I know right." The dominant brother muttered rolling his eyes. His mother sure was proud to be a mother and she made damn sure to show it. She'd always hug him and kiss in public and always say 'I love you' then get upset whenever he didn't return the gesture. The dominant figured that it had a lot to do with Kian's absence; it wasn't that she loved Kian more, it just seemed like without him here she needed someone to project that portion of motherly love onto.

Paris wasn't an option mostly because she was never around or just didn't care. When Nikita turned tables when Kian was seven, she tried her best to salvage what she could of their mother-daughter relationship but Paris was just like their father. And because of it, Nikita started feeling her daughter pull away.