Breaking the Barrier (Part 1)

Even though most of the sunlight was obstructed by the big tree just outside the window, it didn't stop some of those beams from permeating through the room and disturbing the Mount Peak dominant from his slumber. Nate frowned as he realized he was too comfortable and plus, what he lay on was very soft.

Looking around, he noticed he was on a bed and his memories of last night flooded back to him. Kian had stayed up late last night with his brother and Nate as the two Kanine wolves caught up with their grandfather. The sub had fallen asleep at around three in the morning and Nate had taken him up to their room. As he lay Kian down on the bed and pulled the covers over his mate's body, Kian stirred in his sleep.

When the dominant looked to his mate's face, he realized Kian was looking at him. "Sleep in the bed. I feel bad about putting you on the floor. It looks really uncomfortable." He said scooting around to make way for the dominant. Without having to be told twice and for once wanting to fall asleep with his mate's small body curled up next to him seeking warmth, he accepted the invite and crawled under the covers.

Kian must've been very tired because he did in fact, curl up next to Nate seeking that warmth and within moments, he was sound asleep.

Now, that warmth Nate had felt throughout the hours he slept was not there. Looking to the side of the bed where Kian should've been if not curled up to him, he saw it empty; the sheets wrinkled leaving evidence that he'd woken up at some point and left the bed. Nate yawned just as the bathroom door opened and he looked back out the window.

The dominant had never seen him without a shirt or rather naked. In a hustle, he'd fumbled out of bed and when in the bathroom decided to take a bath. He hadn't brought fresh clothes with him to the bathroom so all he had was his towel which was wrapped around his waist. The dominant looked fast asleep in the same position as he'd left him twenty minutes ago.

Nate lay on his back with his head facing toward the window. Opening the door wider and making sure not to make any noise, Kian tip toed from the bathroom door to his closet where he pulled a pair of jeans into his arms before heading over to his chest of drawers. Placing the jeans on the top of it, he looked back over his shoulder to see that Nate hadn't moved and quickly opened the third draw and pulled out a pair of boxer shorts. Quickly he slipped them on and let the towel drop as he pulled on his jeans and quickly zipped it.

Nate's gaze slid to Kian's figure standing near the chest of drawers. He had to stop himself from chuckling as the sub fumbled and struggled to move quickly with getting dressed. At first, he began to admire his mate's beautifully slender figure but then something made him stop.

Were did those scars come from exactly and exactly how many were there in all?

Easily, he got off the bed and keeping his feet light, walked over to Kian.

Kian jumped letting out a small gasp as fingers gently touched his back upon one of the many scars on it. Looking over his shoulder, Nate stood at his back his fingers lightly tracing over some of the scars. There was a look of pain and anger in the dominant's eyes as he looked over the condition of Kian's back.

"How long were you awake?" Kian asked beginning to feel self-conscious under Nate's intense gaze.

"Long enough. How'd you get these?"

"I-I..." Kian began but trailed off. How would Nate react?

Would he think him to be pathetic? Weak? Would Nate treat him just as Paris and his father had? The sub bit his lip in doubt then quickly glanced back at Nate to find his eyes still trained on the hideous scars on his back.