Roxborough Academy Soccer Team

"Oh, burn Nate." Fang said laughing.

So that's the idiot's name.

He couldn't insult or put any dominants in place to defend himself without them beating him up or running to his father about it but here, things would be different. He had to stomach their crap for eight years; he wasn't about to put up with it here.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it." Nate quickly back-tracked holding his hands up in surrender almost afraid that Kian might attack.

"It's fine." Kian said and that seemed to relax the dominant boy before he smiled wide at the sub. Kian frowned.

He's a strange one.

**********

Kian let out a relieved yet frustrated breath as the dominants finally left and he was free of Nate. After the dominant had apologized, he said he was 'wiping the slate clean' and yet he kept up the double entendres and comments that pissed the sub off.

"It looks like Nate's gotten to you." Fang pointed out resting his chin on his hands.

"How did you deal with him growing up? He's annoying." Kian said still worked up from the dominant constantly harassing him. If he wasn't using double entendres or comments, he was either punching him or pulling the sub into a headlock. At one point, Kian had sworn that his shoulder would eventually start smelling like Nate's armpit.

Fang chuckled. "Nate can be annoying but he's a great friend. Just give it some time and I'm sure you'll warm up to him." Kian scoffed rolling his eyes. Yeah, he highly doubted he'd actually grow used to Nate's 'charms.'

**********

One year later, 13 years old

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Kian asked as he finished tying his shoe laces. Nate had approached him and he was wearing a wide grin.

"Jess texted me about the try-outs and I thought I'd come wish you guys luck. The others don't believe me." Nate replied and held out his hand to help Kian up. The sub gladly accepted the dominant's help and dusted off his clothes.

Fang had been right. It turns out all he really needed was some time to adjust to Nate. The dominant turned out to be a really great friend and to be honest, while he and Riley were as thick as thieves; he felt a closer connection to the dominant. It sounds stupid and even he can't describe it, but it is what it is.

Nate scanned the field with his eyes and saw Jesse and Fang also on the field. Jesse waved like a maniac upon seeing the dominant and he began walking toward them. Nate laughed at Jesse's childlike behaviour.

"Where's Avery?" Jesse asked.

"And where's Felix?" Fang asked as he approached them as well. Nate shrugged his shoulders.

"They didn't believe me." Nate replied honestly causing both Jesse and Fang to roll their eyes simultaneously in annoyance.

"Typical." Jesse muttered. "Came to wish us luck then?" he added looking over to the dominant boy. Nate nodded with a smile.

"Go kick some ass out there." He commented. Kian laughed shaking his head.

"The real ass-kicking happens in an actual game meaning we'll actually have to make it to the team." The brown haired sub said. Just then, the whistle blew signalling for all participants to move out onto the field. Nate fist bumped with Kian before the sub ran out to the big field before them with his friends from Mount Peak.