Secrets (Part 2)

"Mom?"

It can't be.

"Paris..." the person called back sadness and relief in her voice. Tears choked Paris until they misted her eyes threatening to fall as she heard that voice. Her mother was alive. Walking closer, Paris shone the light from her phone onto her mother and her heart broke as she took in the unkempt state her mother was in.

Her clothes were ripped and tattered, stained and her skin looked pale. Her cheeks were shrunken and there were bags under her eyes, her hair unkempt and looked like it hadn't been washed properly in months.

"You-You're alive...I can't believe this." She whispered as tears fell from her eyes. Nikita smiled weakly at her daughter glad for once that it was someone other than her wretched husband.

Never had she thought the man could be so cruel. What he'd done to her for months on end made a joke of the hell he'd been putting Kian through. Still, she was glad Paris was here. Before Nikita could say anything, Paris took the key from her pocket and inserted it into the lock pad and her tears came harder as she heard the satisfying click of the keypad unlocking. Removing the lock, she opened the gate and stepped in.

Nikita looked up just in time as her daughter launched herself into her arms, her face buried in her shoulder as she cried her eyes out. "Mom! I missed you so much! We thought you were dead." Paris wept clinging to her mother for dear life. She didn't want to ever leave here.

"Shh..." Nikita gently rocked side to side as she gently hushed and soothed her child until finally, Paris' tears subsided and she could form words. Sitting back, she wiped her eyes and looked to her mother.

"Kian and Jason would be so glad to hear that you're alive..." she said.

"No, no sweetheart. You can't let anyone know I'm alive." Nikita said shaking her head sternly and holding up her hand.

"But...mom..." Paris said her voice breaking.

"No. I can't take James one on one when I barely possess the strength to defend myself." Nikita raised her hand and moved a lock of hair that had fallen into her daughter's eyes and tucked it behind her right ear. "I suppose this is the part where I tell you what happened."

"Please." Paris chuckled though it was a heartbroken one as she wiped her nose.

"When the rogues attacked, they didn't kill me. They kidnapped me and drugged me so that I wouldn't be able to regain my strength. It's why you never saw my body; it's because there wasn't one to see. They kept me in an environment a little dirtier than this one until your father completed renovations in his office. Then, he came back and brought me here. He chained me and treated me a little better than the rogues did."

Nikita paused letting this new information sink in. She could see in the anguish and terror in her daughter's eyes. "He drugged me every few days with the same drug to ensure I remain weak. He usually keeps it in his office. Sometimes he puts it in the porridge, other times he injects me with a liquid version. Sometimes, he would come down and take me out of this cage, he would sit me down at the table and we'd chat. Well, he would speak; I would listen since I no longer have anything to say to him for how he's betrayed me."

"He tells me things. He says that you've found your mate, as well as Jason and Kian. But he also told me what he intends to do with Kian and he plans to use you to do it." Nikita said. At that, the tears returned to Paris as she remembered what happened.

"He's already done it mom." She replied weakly. "He had them rape me. At first I didn't say anything because I was so ashamed; then I learnt that I'm pregnant." Nikita wrapped her arms around her daughter to soothe her pain.