Grandfather Killian

Kian shot up in bed at the rapid rapping on his bedroom door. Someone was at his door at this early hour in the morning and while he would let them in if only to stop their annoying knocking, he couldn't chance them learning that they were in fact not mates.

"Kian!" Jason called from the other side of the door. Panic setting a course through his veins, Kian frantically looked around trying to think of something. Nate was fast asleep on the floor despite the loud rapping on the door.

"Nate." Kian called but when he got no movement or reply the first two times, he resorted to throwing a pillow at Nate who woke up immediately. Nate looked up to Kian to find him frantically pointing to door. Getting off the floor and proceeding to gather the pillow and sheets, he tossed them on the bed as Kian quickly fixed them. "Just a minute! I-I'm naked." Kian called back.

Nate stopped and looked to Kian with an expression that read 'Really?' Crawling up into the bed, Nate adjusted himself under the covers and fixed the pillow to support his back while Kian desperately searched for positions that would make them look like 'completely-in-love-mates.' Realizing this, Nate gripped Kian's arm and pulled him closer to his body.

The result was Nate leaning against the headboard with Kian resting his head on the dominant's chest. Kian's arm was draped lazily across Nate's stomach while the dominant had his right arm around Kian's shoulders.

"Come in." the sub called and a moment later, the door opened and Jason entered.

"You guys don't have to pretend around me. Nate already told me the truth." Jason said as he saw the two wrapped in each other's arms. Even though he reassured them, Kian still didn't move away as he was too busy glaring at the dominant.

"He figured it out." Nate replied.

"It's okay, Kian. Just fake it good that dad and Paris don't realize it." The future Kanine alpha said trying to reassure Kian that all seems good so far and that he didn't have a problem with them playing this game they were. In fact, he was prepared to help them cheat.

"Anyway; that's not why I came here. Grandfather Killian touched down about an hour ago and I'm going to pick him up at the airport. Will you guys be okay while I'm gone?" Jason asked. He knew that with him gone even if it is just for about an hour or so, Paris would try to flirt with Nate again.

Last night at dinner, even though Kian thought that he and Nate weren't mates, Jason saw how mad watching Paris flirt with Nate made him. Paris had clearly stated her interest in the Mount Peak dominant and he knew Paris with her devious, vindictive ways. Regardless; she would try to get in between Nate and Kian. The two boys had obvious chemistry as he saw throughout their conversation last night.

But Paris wouldn't care. If she ruined a relationship for someone she didn't even care about; Jason would hate to see what she'd do for someone she actually hated. If there was one thing Kian deserved in this life; it was to be happy.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Nate answered as he turned his head and discreetly sniffed Kian's hair. Was it creepy? Yes, but at this point, he'd do anything to have Kian near him. That's all he wanted right now. His mate.

"Good because after what happened last night with Paris, I don't want to come home and realize everything's gone to shit." The future Kanine alpha answered honestly. "Breakfast is downstairs and I'll see you guys in a while." Jason said before leaving the two. Kian sat up in bed and ran his hand down his face.

"We need to up our game." Kian said. Nate soothingly rubbed Kian's back when suddenly the sub turned around to look at him. "We need to up our game so you have to act like you're really, completely and hopelessly in love with me."