Two Week Break

This chapter is a little different. I decided to give you guys a break from the depressing nature of Kian's life for a bit...well actually one chapter. The story will get back on track in the next chapter.

Think of this chapter as an introduction or foreshadowing for future books in the series. Guest starring: Fang Peak and Riley Knight along with other characters who will be star characters in the third book.

Did some editing because I realized I'd made some mistakes.

________________________________________________________________________

15 years old; Pittsburgh

"Can we please talk about something other that, please?" Kian pleaded from his place in the backseat of the car next to Fang. The Pittsburgh sub sat up front in the passenger's seat next to the hired chauffeur the Pittsburgh alpha had employed to safely transport his youngest son home for the summer.

"Fine, you're right. We did insist on bringing you here to take you away from there for a while." Riley said taking a deep breath and turning his head to face front again.

They had gone to Pittsburgh and the only two people back at the Kanine Pack who knew Kian's whereabouts were Jason and his mother. They'd given him the okay for it and decided that this was best until they figure out just what the hell was wrong with the alpha. According to his mother, the alpha seemed at ease, almost like the person he was before the sub's birth and whenever Kian came around, the hostile part of him showed.

Nikita truly believed that her husband was missing a few screws in his head but the longer Kian was away from home the safer it was for him. Truthfully, she would miss her son but it was better knowing he was safe than knowing he lived in a constant state of fear.

The car slowed down a little as they approached a long driveway and up ahead there was a huge black gate. The driver pulled up next to security booth and rolled down the window letting the guard see his face. The guard then gave a nod before opening the gate that slid open. Up ahead, both Kian and Fang gawked at the peach-coloured mansion.

It would explain Riley's privileges. The sub's parents were loaded then again so were most alpha and beta families living as civil wolves.

There was a driveway that led up the front of the house and on either side of the driveway were mini gardens with bright-coloured flowers. An omega werewolf was currently working in the garden on the right hand side of the driveway trimming a hedge. In the middle of the garden on the left, there was a fountain with a cherub playing a trumpet from which water sprouted and onto the lower perches of the fountain.

The mansion, somewhat hidden by the hedges though leaving little to the imagination, was peach in colour with cream pillars. It was quite large on the outside and even more so on the inside. Each time, he had the same jaw-dropping reaction.

He was never allowed to visit Pittsburgh for more than two weeks so this should be something to look forward to. The car came to a halt at the front of the house and Riley got out. Fang and Kian followed and began walking around to the back of the car to get their baggage.

"What are you guys doing?" Riley asked tilting his head slightly to the side with an amused expression on his face.

"Getting our stuff..." the Mount Peak werewolf said pointing to the closed trunk then frowned as the Pittsburgh sub laughed shaking his head.

"There are people for that. Everyone here has their role to play, so long as no one forgets that then there isn't a problem." Riley explained earning a scoff from Kian. The brown haired sub curled his lip in disgust and crossed his arms over his chest.