Secrets (Part 1)

"You have ten minutes to get out of my territory!" James shouted at the terrified omega werewolf with wide eyes.

"No!" Jason yelled as Kian stumbled back. Terrified of what was to come, Kian turned and glanced to his brother, grandfather and mate each in turn before quickly shifting and changing directions. With everything he had, the light brown wolf bounded out of the mansion and toward the woodlands where, if he made it out in the given time, he'd be safe.

He couldn't believe it.

The bastard had betrayed him after all he preached how much he loved him. Now, they could never be together now that his sister as carrying Nate's child.

His heart broken...no, shredded, Kian ran as fast as he could while fight the tears into restraint.

Back at the mansion, Grandfather Killian turned his gaze onto Nate on the verge of shifting and ready to pounce and attack the Mount Peak werewolf when a sudden howl emanated from somewhere within the mansion.

Seconds later, a loud bang could be heard as a door was ripped from its hinges and moments later, a deep brown wolf with black markings ran into the main foyer. The wolf was female and the alpha took a step back his breath catching in his throat. This wolf...looked exactly like her.

Fear and guilt ripped through him...but it couldn't be. Nikita couldn't be here.

The female werewolf with the brown pelt and black markings growled and snapped angrily then broke into a run just as a few other wolves headed for the door; the same door which the omega werewolf escaped through. The she wolf blocked their path, angrily growling and snapping, forcing the other wolves back.

Her gaze quickly slid to Nate, Grandfather Killian and Jason. "Go! Go find him!" she ordered and no sooner had she barked the command, did the three dominant werewolves shift and run out through the door.

The she wolf turned back to the Kanine alpha as a deadly growl escaped her. "Soon, you won't be alpha."

**********

Three weeks earlier...

"This isn't right!" Paris shouted at her father angrily getting to her feet. The alpha stood as well meeting his daughter level. A scowl made its way onto his face as he couldn't understand what happened to his beloved daughter that she would do something like this.

"Since when do you care what happens to that omega?" James retorted crossing his arms over his chest and glaring down his nose at his daughter especially since the girl was at least a whole head and a few inches shorter than he was.

Paris returned a scowl of her own. "I may have done my share in ruining his life but this is too far. I will not do something like that. Besides, he's found his mate and he'll be out of your hair for good. Why does it matter?"

"That thing is an abomination. He doesn't deserve the right to live." James replied stepping closer to his daughter. The she wolf stepped back and looked away, her nostrils flaring and her fists clenching in anger.

There was once a time when she would've done anything to get rid of Kian. But now, what did it matter? She'd found her mate and she was happy. Kian had found his mate and he was happy. The same goes for Jason. If she agreed to something this sinister, not only would she ruin Kian's shot at happiness, she would also ruin hers...not that it wasn't already tainted because of her father.

"Is that why you did what you did?" Paris asked meeting her father's gaze. "Is that why you killed your brothers? Not only did you want the alpha throne but you didn't want your omega sibling around so you murdered them just like you did mother." Paris continued tears misting her eyes. Suddenly, her head snapped to the side as her father slapped her across the face.