Hostile Takeover

Everyone stood still. It was as if time itself stood still as the beta stood slowly and faced the pack's Luna. He met her level unafraid to fight her.

He would protect his son to the bitter end just as the Luna seemed hell bent on protecting the omega. "How can you take sides with that thing?" Winston asked defiantly knowing fully well Nikita hated it when anyone referred to Kian as such.

Winston's head snapped to the side as Nikita's palm connected flush to his face. "That thing you refer to is my son who has a name. Besides, you wouldn't understand, you never gave birth."

The beta met the Luna's eyes, his eyes ablaze with fury. Unable to take this form of humiliation, Winston shifted into his werewolf. He would not tolerate being humiliated by a woman in front of his son. He didn't care who she was; she was not going to humiliate him and hurt his son.

Nikita's eyes flashed angrily at the challenge and she accepted without a second thought. To defend her children, she would fight anyone; even the famous renowned alpha Jack Peak.

The Luna shifted into her deep brown werewolf form with black markings. As if on cue, Bradley also shifted in an attempt at challenging the Luna but she was not alone. Jason shifted into his deep brown wolf and James also shifted into his black wolf.

Three against two; the alphas versus the betas; it was a definite as to who would win.

"I've had enough of this shit!" Nikita roared angrily. In one swift move, Nikita had attacked and had the beta and his son lying on the floor on their backs whilst Jason and his father hadn't been able to make a single move.

The Luna then turned to face her husband. She held her hand out to him. "Haven't you had enough? Haven't you caused Kian enough pain? Come; learn to love him as I do." Nikita said. She'd learnt a long time that the root cause of the misery of Kian's life was James' hatred for omegas.

If he just gave Kian a chance, he would learn to love him too. James scowled in disgust as he raked Kian's body with a distasteful glare. "I'm not going to waste my time on someone who doesn't deserve it."

Nikita growled low in her throat. She'd so had enough. She'd done enough barking; it was time for some biting. "Fine; if you won't change your ways then I will take your position by force. I will claim the alpha throne and change the ways of this filthy pack."

**********

Pittsburgh

"Hey dad, wait." Riley called grabbing onto his father's hand. Rush looked back to his youngest son and noticed the worry in the sub's eyes. "Be careful." Riley warned and his father gave him a small smile and a nod.

"Seriously dad, I mean it. Be careful."

"Riley, I'll be fine. I come from a bloodline of two alphas which basically makes me invincible." Rush joked hoping to ease his son's worry. Whenever he left to help an ally pack, it was the same with all his children. They'd been that way ever since their mother died two years ago.

The Moonshine alpha, however, realized his efforts were futile when Riley simply arched a brow at him. "I'll be fine, Riles." He said ruffling his son's blond hair before giving one last wave and leaving with the rest of the warrior wolves.

Fang came to stand next to his friend as the warrior wolves and their alpha left. "Where's everyone going?" the black haired sub asked.

"Kanine." Riley replied and Fang shot him a look.

"Did something happen to Kian?" Fang asked, panic rising slowly.

"I hope not."

"Then why are they going to Kanine?"