Roxborough Academy

12 years old

Kian walked and moved at a continuous consistent pace as he packed his stuff into the two suitcases his mother had bought for him. Yesterday, she'd taken him out shopping and spent hundreds of dollars worth in clothes and electronics for him. He received a whole bunch of new clothes and he had to admit, his mother had great taste. And while he wasn't fancy about clothes or a fashion fanatic, at least his mother didn't want him going off to Roxborough looking like a rich vagrant.

She'd simply said 'No son of mine is going to Roxborough with old clothes and outdated tech.'

After which, she'd proceeded to dragging him around town stopping at various stores and buying him new things. Besides the new clothes that he absolutely adored; she bought him an iPhone which he probably wouldn't use as much; earphones and a headset that was pretty expensive. Plus, she'd even bought him a new laptop and flash drive which he would use for any assignments given to him at his new school.

In short, getting all these new gifts made him even more excited even though he wasn't too fond on the idea of leaving Jason and his mother behind. At least he knew he'd be safe from his father's unwarranted hatred.

"Are you all packed my dear?" Kian stopped and looked up at the sound of his mother's voice. He found her standing in the doorway of the room and she had a happy yet sad smile on her face almost as if she wasn't quite ready to let him go.

"Almost...are you trying to get rid of me mom?" Kian asked playfully earning him the desired reaction when his mother laughed a soft, genuine laugh before making her way into his room. Sitting on the bed, she pulled her twelve year old son into her arms and held him for a moment.

When finally she broke the hug, Kian saw that tears had gathered in her eyes. Nikita raised her hand and lightly brushed her thumb over her son's small cheek. "Make me proud at Roxborough, okay sweetheart." Kian nodded with a genuine smile.

**********

"Promise you'll video chat everyday?" Jason interrogated his little brother as he walked him to the black sedan that would take him to the academy. Their mother would be the one driving Kian to the place and then she'd drive back. It was her way of getting closure and seeing him off properly.

"I don't know if I will be able to but I can try." Kian replied honestly.

"Jason?" Nikita called grabbing the boys' attention. "Would you like to go for a little trip to see your brother off?" she asked from the driver's seat. The doors were open so they would be able to see her properly.

"You mean I can really come with you?" Jason asked his excitement bubbling. Nikita nodded causing the dominant boy to cheer happily. Both Kian and Jason proceeded to get into the car but the sub stopped upon hearing his alpha call him.

Knowing the man couldn't see it, he let the scowl form on his face and he rolled his eyes before wiping all emotion from his face and turning to face the man he hated with everything he had.

The sub came to stand in front of his alpha and fought the urge to physically cringe in distaste and hatred when his father placed his large hand atop his head. "Remember what we talked about; don't let me have to visit Roxborough because I can assure you; it will not be a pleasant visit."

Kian inwardly grimaced his jaw clenching from the disgust he felt as he recalled his little chat with his father and alpha yesterday. Or rather, it was another 'torture me' session with the alpha literally threatening him with his life. The upside however was that he hadn't laid a hand to Kian.