Part 14: The Mall

"I don't get this, how much can girls shop!" Luke exclaimed while battling with the at least five different kinds of shopping bags in his hands, his eyes wide while he tried to stabilize it all without dropping it to the floor. It wasn't like you could help him, you were at least holding two more bags than him but seemed to have easier access to it rather than him and besides you were still suffering with your crutches.

"What, you were the one asking me out on a shopping date!" You commented while looking at him with a smirk, Luke rolling his eyes by your words and glanced over at you shortly before he fished it all into his hands and started to walk again after taking a small break with carrying.

"Well yeah, I expected it to be much cozier than this! You know, just visiting a few small stores, heading into a CD shop and then wrap it up with Starbucks coffee." Luke grumbled and this time he rolled his eyes by the constant smirk you sent him.

Yes, this was exactly how Luke had described it. You guys had been around at the mall for two hours but it wasn't just a few shops. When you shopped it was the hardcore version but you were also very strict about which shop to buy at. You had different kinds of preferences as to where to buy your clothes. One place would be the perfect shop for buying pants while another one would be perfect for tops and bras. There wasn't just one shop in your mind where you could get all you wanted in one.

And instead of just buying one or three articles of clothes you had bought at least 13 at this point. It wasn't your intension at first but the mall was filled with sales because of spring break coming up and because of that you bought three different kinds of tops for the same price instead of just buying one. It resulted in the many bags that you had to give to Luke because there were too many for yourself to carry them.

"Is it just me or are there always sales in shopping malls? If it's not Spring sales, it's Christmas sales and if it's not Christmas sales it's New year sales! Not to mention that I feel like malls have birthday every single fucking month which means birthday sale!" Luke kept on rambling while walking and you softly giggled by his frustrated state.

"Sales are good Luke. They make things cheaper." Luke looked down at you with an expression of disbelief and it made you lift your eyebrow in result.

"Y/N, things aren't getting cheaper because the more you buy the more money you use rather than intended." He commented in matter of fact which made you stare out in the air confused, trying to multiply some sort of answer or argument for his statement but when you hadn't said anything for a while Luke laughed happily.

"We really need to do some math tutoring at some point." He mumbled with a sigh and stopped in track when you did, stopping in front of another shopping window where you looked at the different clothing.

"Yeah I've heard Mr. Montgomery is a really great math tutor. Maybe I should ask him." You teased, the smirk on your face growing by Luke's reaction and he looked down at you daring. "I'm just kidding, you know that right?" You added but he didn't change his face expression.

"Well if you really want Mr. Montgomery to tutor you I'll set something up. You know, he's not as attractive as your own math teacher is so maybe you'll get better at concentrating." Luke yelped by the sudden push from your shoulder hitting his and he almost dropped the bags in his hands by the action.

"Why so cocky?" You asked and watched him as he stabilized the bags in his hands, the skin all red from carrying.

"Is it true or not?" Luke ignored your question and made one himself, looking up from bowing down with the bags and his face was red from the angle but he couldn't hide the smirk as well that was growing on his beautiful face features.

"What if I say that Mr. Montgomery is much more handsome than my math teacher?" Luke's face frowned in shock by your question and his jaw fell open. "Well if you like older men so it doesn't come as a shock to me. Though I would just like to mention that the man never showers and he smells like dead fish when you come close enough. But I think you'll get used to that smell when you're gonna stay after every Tuesday to get tutored."