Part 48: The Last Goodbye

The shocked expression couldn't compare to anything else you had stopped by in your life. The way Luke was jumping up in his seat too by the sound of the door smacking open by your presence made both he and Mr. Frederick look up at you with wide eyes.

"If you are at least 16 years old, another person 16 or older can have sex with you if you both agree to it. But if you are 16 or 17 years old, it is a serious crime for a person who is in position of care or authority over you. For example a teacher. But you know what Mr. Frederick?"

You took a deep breath to calm yourself down because you could mess up this speech easily even if it was all spontaneous and needed to be told fast.

"I'm not 17, I'm 18. In fact I turn 19 on the day we have graduation. So whatever charge you want to accuse Luke for you can't."

His eyebrows lifted so how high it almost touched his none existing hairline. His lips were parted while he looked at you trying to register the words, Luke's eyes just as wide while looking up at your confident state almost speechless.

"I'm sorry what?" Mr. Frederick questioned after a full minute of silence, his voice very faint but you heard it clear.

"You said before that we were dealing with a case where a 17 year old is included. I don't know who you are talking about because I was 17 two years ago."

"Wait you're not 17?" He questioned out almost not believing your words and it took him a second to stand up from his chair and headed towards one of his many drawers. He went past he many files in each drawer, opening and closing them with loud noises while scanning the names until he came to yours.

You could tell how much he didn't believe you the slightest while scanning your school journal. You were tripping back and forth on your heels while Luke was furrowing his eyebrows, still not catching up with the whole situation but that was when his eyebrows lifted.

"Y/N Y/L/N, started back in blabla, came to the school after starting at another place." He suddenly paused while holding his breath, his eyebrows furrowing and moved the journal closer to his eyes to see through the rimmed glasses.

"You took year 4 twice?" It almost came out in question even though the evidence was right in front of him and you nodded your head fast.

"I took year 4 twice because my father took me out of school constantly. We used to travel a lot back then and my dad thought it would be better because when not learning that much at the time school wasn't that important. I was homeschooled sometimes but it wasn't enough for me so when I started back at my old school I had to take it all over again. Which meant when starting in high school I was a year older than everyone else because of that. I understand that you assumed I was 17 but I'm not. If you need proof take a look at my birthday and do the math."

The last part wasn't something you were serious about, just trying to prove your point but he still grabbed the calculator on his desk and typed in your birthday. In fact he did it once and twice and when he came to the third time he looked up at you almost stunned.

"This changes the whole situation somehow."

"Yes it fucking does. It means that no matter what you can't charge Luke for may or may not being with a minor because even if I have been with him it isn't illegal. The police can't be involved, you can't put any charges on this and to be honest it wouldn't be fair."

"Wouldn't be fair?" He growled and stood up from his chair, "This is still serious business Y/N! You think I can just send him back to the seminar thinking that he won't go after younger girls the second he starts working officially at the school?"

"That's where you misunderstand everything." You breathed, trying to break the fire with cold water and still remain calm in your one. You could feel that you were starting to get so angry you were ready to shout at him because it was getting to the point where it would be easier to have a full on conversation with a door.