Part 36: The Last Class

"Shh everyone we gotta be quiet he's on his way now." Matty exclaimed in whisper yell as he went back into the class and made sure to turn off the lights. Everyone bent down behind their chairs right in the second, smiling around at each other in excitement.

Matty hurried towards your table and bent down next to you, accepting the balloon you had prepared for him while he was checking up.

The sound of keys knocking against the door made everyone hold their breath, watching as Luke walked into the dark classroom with furrowed eyebrows. Stopping in track by the suspiciousness and curtains rolled down he glanced over his shoulder towards the hallway before gazing back at the classroom.

"HAPPY LAST DAY MR. HEMMINGS!"

In unison every math student stood up from their tables from hiding, balloons flying everywhere along with people throwing serpentines at him.

Luke's mouth opened wide in shock by the sudden surprise, his brain barely multiplying what in the world was going on. The curtains were ripped open to show the sun, along with people pulling out small presents from their bags.

"What is- what is going on in here?" Luke questioned confused yet couldn't stop smiling. This was such a surprise and he definitely hadn't seen this coming.

"We decided that we didn't want to do math today since it's your last day. You're gonna open our presents, talk about stuff for fun and enjoy your last day with us. And you should honestly feel very honored because if this had been Mrs. Harris we would never have prepared anything."

Luke's lips parted slightly while Matty talked, his teeth digging into his bottom lip afterwards while his cheeks heated up. This was such a sweet gesture he never believed in a second that he was so favorited. Of course he had observed how the students enjoyed his company but this was out of his imagination.

"Well I actually have something for you as well." He announced and shrugged off his blazer, "Though it's not finished yet, it's down by the teacher's lounge. Ms. Y/L/N, Mr. McGarry would you mind coming down to the lounge to help me out? I need someone to help me carry."

Matty's eyebrow quivered by Luke's request and both widened the second you stood up with a huge smile. It was with a skeptical expression that he followed you and Luke down to the teacher's lounge, feeling the tension being much different than recently. Something had happened and he was craving to know.

"What do you need our help for?" You questioned and bit your lip. You did remember Luke asking for your help a few days ago but when he did you thought he was kidding.

"Yeah I'm wondering about the same thing." Matty chirped in.

Luke smiled in secret and opened the door to the teacher's lounge. Comparing to the fact that you and Matty had never been in here you guys hadn't expected that much. Compared to the rest of the school this place was indeed fancy with their own pool table and kitchen chief. Not to mention the four coffee machines standing in line by the windows.

"I have prepared two cakes for today." He said with a smirk on his face and walked into the kitchen. Your eyes widened the second you noticed the cakes and you looked up at him with a quivered eyebrow.

"You or your mother?" You questioned teasingly.

"That is not important." He replied and bumped his hip with yours and removed the foil from both cakes. "I have actually made them myself but with my mom on the speaker. She told me to wait with frosting and such because she said it wouldn't last without being in the fridge. So I've bought this weird thingy that I assume is whipped cream on bottle?"

"Yeah it is." Matty confirmed when Luke took the bottles from the shared fridge in the kitchen. Luke used his strength to shake the bottles to make sure it all was even before he gave one for you each. "I'm gonna make you decorate it while I try find some sprinkles. I want it to be as perfect as possible considering this is my last day with you."