Part 49: The Feeling of Comfort

A/N: I can't believe this is the second last part omg! I hope you didn't get confused about the new book cover but I really wanted to change it! A sweet reader from Tumblr called Calumft-me made four fanmade book covers for The Math Teacher and I INSTANTLY fell in love with them so I decided to use one! All the love ❤

"You look like someone who could be in a serious need of a hug."

Staring at Matty with red puffy eyes and tissues scattered almost all around the house and some resting in your bra you saw him cock a wide smile and leaned his long tall body against the doorframe to the entrance.

"You have no fucking idea." You admitted in a deep breath, your tone so quiet that you almost thought he couldn't hear you but he did. And even if you had thought that the smile would never come back to your face it did when he lifted a grocery shop bag of your favourite candy in the air while waving it, giggling.

Once stepping inside he let go of the bag he was having in his embrace, not caring if it contained glass that could be broken because he knew how much you needed this. Wrapping his arms around your neck he pulled you close to his chest and swung you around.

It was everything you needed. The feeling of comfort because for so many days you hadn't experienced that. You knew that Matty had been feeling guilty because he couldn't just show up at your doorstep right after the meeting at the school. He was battling with exams himself, you completely understood that.

"I got here as fast as I could after my exam." He breathed into your hair after a full minute of silence.

But for once it wasn't a silence that was killing you inside. It was something that you needed because of your miss for Matty, you hadn't realized how hard it would be not to see him every single day. You weren't even sure you would survive after graduation because that meant you would officially be separated forever.

"How did it go?" You questioned after letting go of him, trying to act all causal and start a conversation. But you could still hear how your voice was on the edge of tears again, still managing to control it all in. You had been crying for days. It was time for a stop.

Matty was about to respond but that was when loud noises of barks appeared from the staircase, and his eyes widened when seeing Buster walk downstairs with drool hanging long around the corner of his mouth.

"Wait Buster is back?" He questioned confused, his attention drifting towards him instead and he leaned his long legs down to pet him. You almost wanted to grin by seeing him lean his wet mouth against Matty's face, drool smearing off on his cheek.

"Yeah my mom thought it would be better to have him home from my grandparents now that someone can watch over him. Without going to school every day and being home to study for the last final I finally have the time to focus on him again."

Matty nodded his head understanding while ruffling his ears, standing up to follow you towards the stairs to your room, seeing Buster follow behind. But before he could get to the stairs he slumped down by the dinner table where he was always resting, letting out a typical dog moan and leaned his head on the carpet.

"It went great actually. It was biology so I wasn't that nervous as the last time." He explained while taking the stairs up to your bedroom, seeing the full on mess when he walked inside.

You had always expressed how organizing of a person you were but if there was something that didn't make sense, it was your bedroom. It had a few boxes just so you knew where you put your stuff but even with that, all the stuff always seemed to land on the floor. And with the mix of tissues you had used to blown your red nose it became such a hard mess Matty didn't know where to put his foot.