Part 42: Iceland Pt. 2

"Okay, on the count of three?"

"No." You shook your head with wide eyes, a towel wrapped around you tightly while you embraced your arms around your shaking body. The snow beneath your cold feet were affecting your whole body, making your teeth clasp and your body shake.

"Come on," Matty grinned but his voice didn't sound as convincing as he wanted too. His long legs were shaking just as yours and the bun on top of his head was covered up from the snow falling down. Safe to say, none of you were ready on the count of three.

"One," He directed and took off his towel, showing off his defined chest and muscles.

"Two," You mumbled with a shaky breath, already regretting the decision but knowing that you just had to get through it.

"Three." You both said in unison while laughing, throwing your towels towards the ranks before storming towards the stairs that lead down to the hot steamy water. It was a mix of pushing each other and trying to avoid slipping during the process but in the end everything was worth it the second your feet touched the surface.

"Oh my god, this is amazing." You exclaimed when your whole body dipped down into the gorgeous turquoise water, the otherwise snow around you somehow forgotten. It was so hot and steamy you almost couldn't realize it was actually winter. But it also added up to the experience. Not only were you swimming around in the blue lagoon but you also had the beautiful view of the Icelandic landscape with mountains covered up in snow in the background.

"How can people even complain about going to Iceland, this is literally the experience of nature!" Matty commented relaxed while swimming around slowly, a happy smile on his face. He loved experiencing and the nature, this was the perfect spot for him.

"Because people only think it's boring and cold." You responded while trying to avoid your hair touch the water. Before you guys went into the changing rooms a guide had explained a few things for you. Even if the water seemed to amazing it did have some bad effects on your hair. It could end up getting dry easily so they both offered to condition your hair both before and after being in the water.

"But it has so much more than that I mean look," He raised his hands in the air happily, the snow falling on his palm and melting instantly by the temperature from the water. "This is something you don't try every single day!"

"Well today you get the experience." You giggled while running your hands over the surface, feeling the cold snow land on top of your bare shoulders but you didn't mind. The water was definitely your only attention and it didn't take long for Matty to lecture you something about it.

"You wanna hear something about the water?"

"Do I have a choice?" You giggled while swimming under the small mini bridge there was, Matty having to dive down completely until his chin touched the water in order to not knock his head against the wood.

"No you don't." He responded back with a happy smile and swept the water in his hands to study it more.

"Did you know that the water isn't actually turquoise?"

You furrowed your eyebrows confused by his sudden stated fact and swept the water yourself. It was hard to tell but if you looked closely it wasn't the same color when it was resting in your palm. So you shook your head wanting him to continue.

"The blue colour comes from the silica and the way it reflects sunlight. So in fact, the water is actually white, you know that milky-ish color? You can't really see it now but if we poured it into a cup you would be able to see the difference. It's actually the sun that makes it look so awesome and turquoise."