Part 47: The Confession

Walking into the school with books embraced in your arms, a confused expression was on your face. You were trying to stabilize everything in one hand while controlling your phone in the other, wanting to hear when Matty would show up.

This morning you had received a mail from the school office claiming that today would be the annual day to return books and everyone had to meet up. Matty hadn't mentioned it to you so you assumed that he expected you had seen the mail yourself.

But that was when you realized you were literally the only person here.

Sprinting towards your locker to get the rest of your books that you had forgotten to take out after Luke's rush of wanting you to leave so urgent after the last day of school you managed to weight the others in one arm while tracking the code.

It was almost creepy being here alone with such silence, not seeing a single person around the hallways. You had been used to it being filled up with tired people, the sound of lockers smacking and doors closing along with people laughing and chatting together.

You almost felt a heart attack by hearing the sound of a door opening and closing, imagination this to be one of those lame ass scary movies Matty had forced you to watch once while trying to scan the source of sound.

A sigh of relief left past your lips when noticing it was none other than Principal Frederick being your source of scare, his hands fiddled together while looking down at the ground but when he saw you down by the lockers a satisfied smile came to his face.

"Hi Mr. Frederick." You greeted but with confusion written in your tone, deciding to close your locker and collected the rest of the books in your embrace. It was great the library basement wasn't far from here.

"Good morning, Miss. Y/L/N." He greeted in a small nod, seeming to have something on his mind but still kept it a secret. His almost grey eyebrows were much more furrowed than usual, almost to the point of touching each other between his forehead wrinkle.

You didn't know what else to say than smile at him politely after standing still for less than a minute. He seemed like someone who had something lingering on his tongue, wanting to say anything but when nothing came out you decided to turn around and leave.

"Oh wait, Y/N!"

You stopped in track by his sudden yell and quivered an eyebrow. He normally never spoke with students by their first name so this was something new. Adjusting the books in your hands you gave him a look that told you weren't really able to speak for long with the heavy weight in your arms.

"Would you mind show up at my office after returning these?" He nodded his head down towards your books, showing that he did have some sort of sense of direction and sighed carefully.

"Sure thing." You agreed instantly, not really knowing why or what was going on but regardless nodded your head. You feared the worst, thinking that the first few finals that were written exams had gone horribly wrong. Or maybe they had some news about your college applications.

Thoughts were racing around your mind like a rollercoaster that never seemed to stop. Doing loops, giving belly breathes once in a while and filling everything. You felt nervous and in the end you knew you shouldn't have that feeling because you hadn't done anything wrong.

Nobody was seen in neither the library nor the basement. You couldn't even find the old librarian and the place was awfully quiet. When you came over to the place where she would always sit and return books a note was placed on top of it.

"Please put the books on the trolley to the right I'm out for the week."

The small note proved that this wasn't the annual day of returning books. It also made much more sense why you hadn't seen the shadow of Matty, he probably hadn't heard of it mainly because it wasn't official.