Part 25: The Prom

A/N: I can't believe I'm saying this but we're halfway through The Math Teacher! Thank you so much for the likes, reblogs, reads, recommendations, literally everything! I work really hard on this as it's my first real fanfiction ever and to see the wonderful response makes everything ten times better! I even made a (shitty) edit just for this part! It was actually the reason why I started writing this fanfiction. I wrote the last section in this part months ago and it was how everything started, so I really love it and I hope you do too. Thank you! x

"Hey Luke, it's me. I know I've been calling a few times already, probably fifty at this point but I really need to tell you how sorry I am about yesterday. I didn't mean to say those lines to you but my anger was boiling and I've been kind of emotional lately. I guess it's my period coming up."

You paused to look at your reflection into the mirror in front of you.

"You're probably correcting math assignments right now while tousling your hair and drinking your lukewarm coffee. I understand that you won't talk to me. Don't mind what I'm saying. I just want to point out that I'm deeply sorry for what I said and I hope maybe tomorrow you'll talk to me again, or just text me, I don't care. I just wish for some sort of contact from you-"

You stopped in track by the door opening to your bedroom, Matty poking his head inside.

"Are you ready, I've been waiting for 30 minutes now since you said you were ready the last time?"

You nodded your head silently and sighed, placing the phone on top of your dresser in front of you. Matty opened the door fully to get inside, and a small giggle escaped his lips when he took in your attire.

"You look so incredibly beautiful tonight, Y/N." He admitted, walking over to stand next to you, the two of you looking at your reflection in the mirror.

"You know, I never thought this would happen. I had a small wish when we were Freshmans, but it hasn't occurred to me that you're my actual prom date." He wrapped his arm around your waist, trying to avoid your curled hair which you had used hours to make, three bottles of hairspray used.

"You know what? I knew this would happen. Nobody could be a better date than you Matty." You admitted with a warm smile, taking a last glance in the mirror to check any sudden flaws. The white dress was perfectly fitting your curves and making your chest seem a bit bigger than it usually was. Your hair was on point along with your makeup, the now curled locks giving volume. The makeup wasn't dramatic but still perfect for a night like prom, matching along with the dress.

"Let's make a night we'll never forget then. We are Seniors after all." He lifted his arm up in invitation, and you chuckled lightly at him by the sudden action and hooked your arm around his, following him out of your bedroom.

When you came down the stairs to your living room your eyes widened, not by the sight of your mother but the sight of your father standing next to her with a camera.

"Dad, I thought you were flying to Paris this afternoon and wouldn't be home for a couple of days?" You rushed towards him in surprise, and he engulfed you in his arms without caring about the curly locks you had used a huge amount of time creating.

"You think I would miss my daughter's last prom? Paris can wait. I made Garret takes the shift for me instead, he doesn't have kids yet so he won't understand. Actually, it was Matty's idea for me to stay. And I must admit, using half of my rent on that dress was worth it. You look stunning."

"Thanks dad." You commented and looked over at Matty with shocked eyes, feeling overwhelmed by his kind gesture. Getting your dad home was always a difficult task but Matty had managed to do it, just for you.