Part 50: Happy Birthday, Beautiful

A/N: Long sentences, 189.293 words, 496 pages in word documents and a full story behind it all. When I started this story on January 14th nine months ago I didn't expect that I would manage to finish it, but I did! This has been such an amazing journey for me as a writer, and I want to thank every single one of you who been a part of it and enjoyed the story! I feel empty about not having to write anymore to this story but also so accomplished by my skills! A huge thank you to everyone who have liked, reblogged, recommended, shared, voted and shared the story. My fanfiction heart is burning so much by your sweetness and I honestly can't believe that the story is over and we have to say goodbye to the characters! Everything has been so amazing! Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart! I love you all! x

"Smile. It's your birthday."

Looking up by the sudden request you rolled your eyes by Matty's excited ones.

He leaned down to grab your cap that you'd rather hold in your hand than having it on the top of your head. He folded it quickly before dusting a bit of nothing, placing it on top of your head with a satisfied smile on his face.

"This is the day we have been waiting on for 4 years. We're finally at graduation and you're officially 19."

The whole football field had never looked as beautiful as it did right now you almost couldn't believe it. The usual grass that always seemed half dead and filled with holes from football shoes was gone, balloons were everywhere in various colors along with a banner that said graduation.

Chairs were lined up in a massive crowd you almost felt bad of janitor Lewis and his team. All of this must have taken ages and to see all that being done just for the sake of Seniors made a huge smile grow on your face for the first time today.

"There it is." Matty hummed in a sing along, smiling over at you brighter and wrapped an arm around you to pull you into his chest. This was the moment you both had been waiting for, for so long. And now it was all over and in front of you. It almost wasn't believable. It felt too unreal to be true.

You had been in denial all morning. Claiming that this wouldn't be your last day as an actual senior because when you started all of this you never believed you would get through it. High school had always been claimed as something huge, something many would drop out of because of stress and other sources. But you didn't think it was as hard as you had predicted. You did survive through everything.

"Do you have your flashcards?" You questioned while leaning your back against the chair behind you, seeing over his shoulder that the rest of the students from the school was about to gather up. It was almost show time.

"All printed out in different colors. I tried to make them match our blue gowns you know, just to add a bit more fanciness." He grinned and pulled them out from hiding them inside his gown, flashing the cards in the air and you grinned lightly.

"You nervous?"

"Not until I stand in front of everyone." He breathed carefully while taking a look down at the cards, probably trying to memorize everything. He had been preparing this speech for almost a month you were so sure he could say it in the middle of 2 A.M if you woke him up. You had tried to help at first but in the end gave up. Matty was always much better with words than you were.

It was a huge honour to him. Being the student who on the behalf of everyone would host the annual speech during graduation. At first he almost didn't believe what Principal Frederick was saying over the phone when calling him up. But after few minutes of registering what the hell had just happened he couldn't express his happiness.