Part 23: The Flowers

In a nice grip Luke looked down at the beautiful bouquet of flowers in his hand, the mix of purple, pink and red matching up to the sunny weather, the sun streaming down at his face from the blue sky.

The occasion? Nothing, Luke just wanted to get you flowers and since he was visiting your house for the first time, he wanted to make a great impression after the rather awkward incident with his mother and family in general.

Trying to get over the fact that his mum had found out about his love affair with a student had somehow been a rough time for him, mainly because reality had hit him. He had been grumbling around, trying to find out how to solve this in the end, and had been thinking if he would ever have a breaking point.

But every time he would think of it, he would override himself and think of you. How were you feeling? Were you suffering like he was at times, if not worse? Did you have nights where you wouldn't think of anything else but the future ahead of you. Could things have gone way differently if he never kissed you in the classroom months ago?

Life was hard at times and Luke had realized the past months. Even if he was swirling on a pink cloud on the bright blue sky of love, he had nights where he would sit alone and think about the things while correcting math assignments. And to make everything better to get over the small incident, you decided to take out courage and invite Luke home to your house for the first time. Your parents were out and made an opportunity which you gladly took.

Though, if wasn't the same plans the two of you had in mind. Luke recently checked out the grade statics for every student in his math class, he noticed your numbers and grew slightly worried. Even if you were dating a math teacher your failing scores were a huge problem comparing to the fact that you would be graduating months from now and it would affect your grade point average.

So when he offered over the phone that he would bring his math books along with him, your eyes widened and a groan came from your lips. You didn't want to make homework, especially not math, and on a freaking Saturday!

Parking his car a little bit further away from your house to prevent any danger from upcoming cars down the road he whistled to himself happily and followed the path towards your house. Every time he had been here it had been at night, whether it was setting you off after a visit at his apartment or the night where he had to pick you up at Dylan's party.

He stopped in track and his eyes grew white by the huge villa in front of him. Nobody would ever believe that only three residents lived at this place.

Walking up the porch to your house, he fished out his phone from his pocket, ready to text you that he was here. But he barely got the chance to open his messenger app before the door was opened, making his eyes look up but instead of seeing you, your mum stood in the doorframe ready to walk out.

"Hello?" She said slightly confused.

"Hi." Luke said with wide eyes, his jaw falling as he didn't know how to react to this sudden situation. "I'm Luke." He added to her confusion.

She looked him up and down before she looked over her shoulder, her eyes traced back to his. "As in Y/N's Luke?" She asked completely off, and Luke nodded his head while biting his bottom lip.

"Oh I didn't recognize you at all, you look much older on the airport security cameras." Her comment made Luke's cheeks blush in a deep shade of red, but he cooled down when she gave him a wink with the right eye and reached her hand forward to shake his.

"I'm Mrs. Y/L/N." Luke shook her hand politely and introduced himself, "Well yeah as I mentioned before, I'm Luke. Luke Hemmings."

"Nice to finally meet you." She giggled by his words and leaned her body against the doorframe, pressing the black folder into her embrace while she stared at him up and down. Luke lifted an eyebrow by her staring and he looked at her curious, "Something wrong?"