14

JENNY

The sun streamed through the window and hit Jenny through the face rudely. She sat up and look around, feeling disorientated for a few confusing moments. She turned and looked behind her, The bed was empty.

He was gone! Was he ever there, or had it all been a crazy dream?

She looked closely at the pillow next to her, the dark black hair clinging to it made her realize that it had not been a dream. It all came flooding back, in all its full, glorious detail.

The Jacuzzi, the sex, the hot, hot, amazing sex, the midnight feast on the bed, the necklace. She held her head in her hands. She couldn't believe she'd done that. This was so out of character for her. What a ridiculous fool she'd been. And no doubt Zayn was thinking the same thing too this morning. He'd probably snuck out of bed as fast as possible. Last night had probably been nothing more than an opportunistic fuck for him. She was there, he was there... that was it. She felt mortified all of a sudden.

She knew at some stage she would have to see him, not just that, but she would have to play the dutiful, doting fiancé too. She wondered if he still wanted her to wear that necklace at his birthday, probably not.

Fuck! She'd been a moron. This was the reason she never cut loose, the reason she didn't throw caution to the wind and listen to her heart over her head. It got her into trouble and embarrassing situations... like the last time. She gazed at her watch, 7 am. He must have left really early. Another bad sign. Slip out before the woman wakes up.

She threw open the bed covers and walked to the other end of the room where a large jug of water was calling her name. She couldn't wait to drink it down, to quench her thirst and get that taste of him out of her mouth. She could still taste him. She could still smell him, and worst of all, she could still feel his hands all over her body. It had been an amazing night, no doubt about it. But now it had all come crashing down around her like some kind of hellish nightmare.

Oh well, what had she excepted? Breakfast in bed, a little hand written note left... a note left next to the water jug?

A little note with her name on. She didn't know what to make of it. There were only two possible things it could say.

She opened it with shaking hands, inside she found a coin and a short sentence.

'Tails you meet me for lunch? Heads, you meet me for lunch?'

She felt a wave of excitement wash over her. He wanted to see her again. And if she was truly honest with herself, so did she. Not to say that that wasn't totally crazy and ridiculous and insane. This was supposed to be a job, and she was supposed to dislike him. And it was so much easier when she had disliked him. When she'd thought he was nothing more than an arrogant asshole... but he wasn't.

He was funny. Fun. He was gentle, the way he'd held her as they'd fallen asleep. He was passionate; she could still feel the tingling between her legs. He was...surprising.

In the corner of the note was a little arrow, indicating she turn over the page.

"I'll meet you in the ballroom at 12:00. Can't wait to see you."

It was just a simple little note, and yet it held such power and meaning. He still wanted her. He still wanted to kiss her. He still wanted to... would he make love to her again? Just as her mind was wondering and flashes of his naked body started running rampant through her mind, she heard a sound at the door and saw another note being slipped under it. She ran to the door wondering if he was outside it, but the handwriting on the note was different.