30

ZAYN

The next morning Zayn woke up feeling like the luckiest man alive. The woman he loved was tangled up in his arms and he never wanted to let her go. He slowly sat up, trying not to wake her up, but gasped when he saw who was standing in front of their bed, staring at them.

Amir stared down at him and a sickening feeling rose from the pit of his stomach. And then something happened and it made a cold shiver run but Zayn's spine.

It was a tiny smile at first, and then it grew a little more, and more, until Amir was looking at Zayn with such a self-satisfied smile that he wanted to wipe it off with his fist.

"Cousin." he said stepping forward. Zayn felt Jenny stir next to him

"What's going on?" Jenny woke up next to Zayn and he immediately put his arm across her in a protective manner.

"Amir!?" Jenny sounded shocked.

"Good morning." He looked at Jenny and smiled and Zayn wanted to rip his eyes out of his head with his bare hands. "I trust you slept well?"

"Leave her out of this." Zayn spat at Amir.

"Fine. But I've come to deliver a message. Your father... the king, wants to see you in his study." His words were so deliberate and calculating.

"And why are you here telling me that? Why isn't my father delivering the message himself?"

Amir shrugged casually. "I guess I wanted a front row seat to the show."

"Show?" Zayn asked.

"Or shall I say, act. All the world is a stage, isn't that right... Jenny?" Amir turned and looked at her again and Zayn felt the rage and anger bubble up inside him again.

Zayn got out of bed and walked over to his cousin. "Don't you dare speak to my fiancé like that."

Amir burst out laughing. "Fiance! I'll admit you two are convincing and I must say, it's been really entertaining to watch. But I'm afraid the final curtain is about to come crashing down on this little charade of yours."

"This is not an act, Amir. I've asked Jenny to marry me. I've-"

Amir cut his off by throwing a file onto the bed. It landed in front of Jenny and she stared down at it.

"Jenny, why don't you do the honors." Amir gestured with his hand.

"No! Leave her out of this." Zayn moved closer to Amir.

Amir smiled again. "You really should let her open it. It might change her feelings for you, cousin." his voice was sly and slid across the room like a snake in the grass.

Zayn turned and looked at Jenny. Her eyes had locked onto the file and he knew what was in there- some version of it anyway. But he didn't want to keep secrets from Jenny anymore, and he was leaving all of that behind.

"Open it." Zayn whispered over to Jenny.

She opened the file and Jenny gasped. Zayne looked at the photo in it and he felt sick to his stomach.

2 naked girls, 1 Zayn, 1 hot tub.

Zayne looked at Jenny's hands and they were shaking. "You will notice the date on that, Jenny. I believe that happened only the night before you two arrived here...you're father found that very interesting. And of course it all makes perfect sense, no wonder you decided to hire Jenny, who by the way, is an outstanding actress. I must give her that. She managed to fool so many people... unfortunately, just not the right ones."