EPILOGUE

55 years later

Jenny knew that this would be the last time she would ever come down here. Her body was failing her now, but she knew that she needed to see the place one last time.

Her son and grandson were supporting her as she walked slowly along the beach. All she could hear were the sounds of the waves and the joyous laughter coming from her great grandchildren as they ran ahead of them. It was a beautiful sound and she wanted to remember it for the rest of her life... however long she still had.

She knew that her moments were running out fast, and so she would cherish each one and hold onto it as closely as she could. They finally arrived at their destination and walked out the cave and into the sunlight. The day was perfect and the sunlight glinted off the blue pool in front of them.

This was such a special place for her. It had been the first moment that Zayn had let her in, showing her a little piece of himself that he'd never shown to anyone else before. And then they'd made love in the water, a memory she would never forget. But it was even more special to her now. It was Zayn's final resting place. His ashes had been scattered here, and now he was a part of this place forever.

A tear came to her eye, she wiped it away. She'd promised herself that she wouldn't cry today. Today she would only be happy, remembering the life that they'd had together. The memories that they'd shared, the laughter and the tears. The highs and the lows. All of it. She gazed across at her son, he was a splitting image of his father. He was a kind and gentle man, and an even better King.

"Sorry we're late!" She turned as Abi came running onto the sand. She run up to her mother and kissed her on the cheek. Her daughter was so much older now. Her once red hair was a beautiful grey color, but she was still the same beautiful baby that she'd held in her arms so many years ago.

She looked around, and everyone was there. Her children, their children and her great grandchildren who'd all made a beeline for the water already. Her son helped her into a chair he'd brought and she sat there under the shade of the palm tree that she and Zayn had spent so many hours under.

She watched her family carefully. Studying each and every one of them. She wanted to remember every tiny detail about them all, because she knew that this was going to be the last time that they would all ever be together.

Zayn had died four years ago and she'd wanted to join him ever since. But there had been a few more things she'd wanted to see first, the birth of her last grandchild being one of them. But she knew now that it was time to join him. She wasn't sure what she believed in, heaven, and afterlife- but she just hoped that whatever was waiting for her, that Zayn would be there to meet her.

She looked up at the clear blue sky and inhaled deeply. The air was warm and smelt salty. Her life had been wonderful. She'd lived the best life that she could ever have lived with Zayn by her side. The love that she'd had for him had only grown over the years. And the love that she'd continued to feel for him, even after she'd held his hand while he'd taken his last breath, had never faded.

Their last words to each other had been, 'I love you," and when she saw him again, those would be the first words she spoke to him.