26

JENNY

She still had so many unanswered question, questions she was still too afraid to ask, running through her head as she walked hand- in- hand through the ever-winding corridors and passages of the palace.

How was this all going to end? What was she expecting? A happily ever after, riding off into the sunset with Zayn, children bouncing on his knee...? Her body tensed just thinking about it. Zayn stopped walking and looked at her.

"So do you still think you're falling in love with me?" Zayn asked in a small voice. "You haven't changed your mind in the last ten minutes or so?"

"Why? Have you?" She asked. Zayn smiled at her and pulled her closer, taking her hand as if they were dancing together again on the dance floor.

"No. In fact, I think I might have moved on from the "falling" part." He swayed with her to an invisible rhythm.

"You know there's no music, right?" Jenny reciprocated the smile.

"Just listen to the rhythm of your heart." He said with a playful tone in his voice.

"Oh my God, you did not just say that!" Jenny burst out laughing and pushed him backward. "That was the corniest thing anyone has ever said. Ever."

"I know, but I can't help feeling completely corny right now."

And with that, Zayn wrapped his arms around her again and pulled her in for a playful kiss. Jenny laughed against his mouth, she couldn't believe how much fun she was having with him.

And how much she had also moved on from that "falling" part.

ZAYN

Zayn had never really felt that he could be himself around people. He'd let Rafiq and Rana in, but no one else had come close. Or rather, he hadn't let anyone else come close- especially those meaningless faces that came passed his bed. But he no longer wanted meaningless faces, he wanted her face. Only hers. And he wanted to go to bed with her and wake up with her every morning.

And although all these feelings felt amazing and right, they'd also caught him off guard. He tried to imagine what a life with her would look like. He would be king one day after all, and Jenny didn't seem suited to this kind of life. She was a great actress and pretender, he'd seen that tonight, but deep down, this wasn't the kind of life she would have chosen for herself. She was far too down to earth. He pushed that thought out of his head and returned to the moment he was having with her. Right now. The moment was perfect and he was going to focus on that rather.

They finally arrived at their room and he pushed the door open. Suddenly he felt a wave of embarrassment rush over him. He'd wanted to draw her, but for some reason the idea of doing it made him feel so strangely vulnerable. He would be showing her a side of himself that he'd kept locked away for years.

|He was glad when she took the reins. She did more that take the reins, though, she took his breath away as well as she climbed out of her dress and let it fall to the floor. She looked better in the lingerie than he could have ever imagined. The soft light of the bedroom gave her an ethereal quality and the light and shadows were falling perfectly on her curves, accentuating them even further. He longed to run his hands over them.

"So how do you want me?" She asked, a flirtatious sound in her voice.

How did he want her?

In every way possible.