Chapter 59

1 year later

Zayn stood at the top of the aisle. It was a magical, dreamlike moment for him that he hoped he would never wake up from.

He physically grabbed his chest as his daughter and Maddie came walking around the corner throwing petals on the floor with their chubby hands. She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen and he didn't realize that it was possible to love so deeply and completely.

And then he smiled as Abi sat down in the middle of the aisle and tipped all the flowers out of her basket and stuffed a petal in her mouth. Maddie soon joined in and within seconds the two were doing their own thing.

Rana stood up quickly and scooped the toddlers off the floor and placed them both on her lap, trying to pull the petals out of their mouths and hands. The room burst out laughing and Zayn had never been happier. He watched as his father leant over and distracted them both with a funny face, giving Rana time to collect all the petals. His father had changed so much in the last year. Abi had completely changed him and had given him something to live for and fight for. He turned his attention to his mother who was also looking at Abi.

"Dada." The toddler suddenly turned and held out her arms. Zayn moved to take her and she giggled when he swished her around in the air like a helicopter.

He stood there, with his daughter in his arms, waiting for the love of his life to walk around the corner and marry him. Zayn had gone to great lengths trying to make himself look good for the day- and that including carefully doing his hair which was now being tugged at by a little hand. More laugher emerged from the audience and Zayn succumbed to the fact that he'd probably have a mow hawk in his wedding photos.

He'd come to understand- very quickly- that having a child meant that your life was never predictable. There were surprises around every corner and just when you were on your way out to meet a Prime Minister, they will throw up on your suit. He'd never been happier... no, that was a lie... because the second he saw Jenny walking up the aisle towards him, the realized that this was the happiest moment of his life, and always would be.

She smiled at them both as she got nearer. Abi gave a loud "mama" as Jenny walked closer. He remembered the first time she'd said 'dada', it had been one of those moments that he would never forget. He remembered everything about it; where he was, what time is was and what they were doing.

He was looking forward to a lifetime of 'dada's' from multiple children he might add. Jenny looked incredible. She was wearing such a simple dress; she'd refused all the big designers that had scrambled to offer her a wedding dress. Instead she'd walked into a shop and bought one off the rack. He loved that about her. How she flew in the face of convention.

But she looked perfect and this was the most perfect moment of his life. When Zayn thought about it, it was almost as if he'd never lived until he met her. He'd certainly never loved.

She had awakened him and taught him how to love and now he was marrying her and they would spend a lifetime together. He would be sure to wake up every morning and tell her how much he loved her and how grateful he was that she had saved him and loved him back.

"Best decision of you life." Rafiq whispered from behind him.

"What can I say," Zayn whispered back at his best man as Jenny squared off in front of him, "You've always been right. About everything."