24

ZAYN

He squeezed her thigh, hard. He'd been fighting the urge to put his hands on her for the last hour and a half, and now that they were sitting down together, he saw an opportunity.

The heavy tablecloth made it impossible to see what was happening underneath it, so his hand was free to wander. He started pulling her dress up with his hand, but she grabbed it before it had a chance to get to where it wanted to be.

"What are you doing?" she sounded panicked which was just so damn cute. But he ignored her and playfully smacked her hand away. He carried on pulling up the fabric until he had exposed a bare thigh. He could see she was nervous and her eyes were flicking around the room to see if anyone had noticed. But this was part of the thrill, they were in a crowded room, and he was going to touch her.

His fingers traced the skin on her thigh and he felt her wiggle in her seat. His hand traveled further up until it found where it wanted to be. She was wearing the underwear; he could feel the lacey panties beneath his fingertips.

JENNY

Jenny tried not to show it on her face, she tried to look as normal as she could, but she was convinced that everyone in the room knew what was happening. She reached for the bottle of water again and tried to pour another glass, some spilled on the tablecloth and she started to dab it with a napkin and knocked over another glass at the same time. She heard Zayn laugh next to her.

"You're so fucking cute." He leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"Well excuse me if I don't know what to do in this...." She tried to find the words, "Public grope session."

Zayn laughed louder this time. "Grope session?"

Jenny had to smile. Not exactly the best description. She turned and looked at Zayn whose eyes had darkened. He leaned in and put his lips to hers.

"So fucking cute." He whispered against her mouth and then his hands started moving again. She tried so hard not to react, but a small sigh escaped her mouth.

She was terrified that they'd be caught out, but also so aroused to be doing this in public. There wasn't much space for maneuvering and all that Zayn could do at this angle without giving them away, was to gently stroke the top of her thigh and graze her panties from time to time- but it was enough to drive her wild. But she wanted more!

Jenny reached out and put her hand into Zayn's lap, clearly he was not expecting that and almost shot out of his seat causing the table to shake a little. This amused her and she flashed him a little smile.

"Not as cool as you think you are." She said.

She ran her hand over the hardness that had developed between his legs. He cleared his throat loudly and shuffled in his chair. They were both getting a little breathless now. Only a few meters away from them, throngs of people were walking around chattering, some were sitting at other tables and others were standing on the balcony smoking. They all seemed too busy to notice what they were getting up to. She'd never done anything like this before, but she was feeling so bold now that she decided to unzip his pants... but at this angle it was impossible. She unsuccessfully tugged at the zip a few times which caused them to both laugh.

"Not so cool yourself." Zayn said pulling his hand away. Jenny did the same and they just sat next to each other staring.

"Ah you guys!!" Suddenly Rana was there and she was looking at them affectionately. Jenny immediately blushed. Thank God Rana hadn't appeared a second earlier. She glanced at Zayn and it looked like he was blushing too.

"Look at you brother, is that a blush I see?" Rana said teasingly . "You're so cute when you're in love." She said and walked away.

In love. In love. In love.

The phrase felt like it reverberated in the space between them. Jenny felt so awkward and full of butterflies right now and out of the corner of her eye she could see that Zayn was looking exactly how she felt. They both turned their heads slowly and met each other's eyes.

The look in his eyes held a question. She silently questioned him back.

"Are you in love with me?" Their eyes screamed at each other and they both waited in silence for someone to give the answer. But no one did. Instead, they both flushed coyly and looked away with smiles plastered across their faces.

The rest of the evening dragged on so painfully. The food was served so slowly, and conversation dragged. All Jenny could think about was being alone with Zayn. They'd been stealing glances and small kisses with each other at a rather alarming rate. It seemed that every few seconds they were either looking at each other and smiling, or showering each other with small kisses.

But thankfully, after what felt like a lifetime, they finally got a chance to be alone. People had started walking over to the dance floor and Zayn and Jenny made their way there too.

The second he held her hand and slipped his arm around her waist, they were back into their own private little world once more. She rested her head on his shoulder as they swayed slowly to the music. His hand made gentle circles on her back as they danced together and every now and then, she would feel him plant a small kiss on her shoulder.

Songs came and went, and yet they still stayed dancing with each other. But suddenly Zayn stopped. He lifted her face to his and stared into her eyes. It was so intense Jenny wasn't sure what to do about it.

"I think there's something I need to tell you." Zayn finally said in a soft gentle voice. "And I know it's probably going to sound completely ridiculous but...I need to say it anyway."

"Yes?" Jenny swallowed hard. His words had made her pulse leap.

"I've never felt this way about anyone before." He traced his finger down her cheek. "And I think... I think... " he stumbled on his words as he looked at her with such wonder. "I think, and I know it sounds crazy, but... I think I'm falling in love with you."

It felt like the earth stopped turning on its axis and everyone in the room, in the entire world had disappeared and it was just the two of them. For the first time since she'd met him, he looked vulnerable and childlike and completely at her mercy.

"I... I think I feel the same way." He reached up and took her face between his hands and kissed her softly. Jenny took his hands in hers and threaded her fingers through his, and that is when she noticed it...

The burn mark on his wrist.

She hadn't seen it before because of the large watch he always wore. She looked at it for a moment or two and realized that it made him even more beautiful than he'd even been.