Chapter 48

RAFIQ

Rafiq looked at the photos and his blood ran cold. It froze in his veins. If Amir knew there was another heir to the throne, he would... he would, he didn't even want to imagine what would happen. At this stage Jenny was totally off Amir's radar, but this would put a mark on her back.

That was his first thought, the second was of her. How alone and scared she must feel. He couldn't even imagine it. He still held himself very responsible for everything that had happened. He should never have dragged her into things. He'd promised to protect her and promised that 'everything would be ok.' But it wasn't ok. Clearly.

And then there was Zayn... he sighed. If he knew about this, he would run straight there and then Amir would know. He had no idea what to do? Zayn was barely hanging on by a thread right now. He had just taken the thrown, his father was on his deathbed and he was drinking far too much and was a miserable as hell. His "Queen"- meanwhile- was leaving the palace a lot lately and meeting up with a friend in the capital. Not surprising in a way, since Zayn had refused to have sex with her. Which would become a problem eventually when no heir arrived.

He'd had someone following Amir for months too, and still had nothing on him. No evidence that linked him to the murders of the royal family.

Rafiq walked over to his cupboard and opened it. He kept his safe there, in it was a photograph of the only person he had ever loved, and now he would put this in there too and hope that the information would never come out.