Chapter 6

It's now been a week since the 'incident' at the bank. One very weird week. Probably the weirdest week of my life! I mean, first I almost get kidnapped, then I get rescued and then taken by two hot guys I kinda sorta might have a thing for... (Don't tell Sunny or Sides I just said that.) Then I meet their leader, SIC, WS (weapons specialist), and two guys from a secret military faction (or whatever it's called) called N.E.S.T.

I'm now slowly adjusting to life with them even though it's kinda hard. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker refuse to leave my side. The only privacy I get with them is when I'm sleeping or in the bathroom. (They learned the hard way of what happens when you walk in while I'm taking a shower. Let's just say Sideswipe got a hairbrush to the head and leave it at that.) They quickly learned to leave me alone when the bathroom door was shut.

As it is, I'm having trouble getting to sleep tonight. My brain just doesn't want to calm down enough to let me even try.

I sighed and flopped onto my stomach and looked at the clock beside my bed.

Great. Half past one in the morning. Ratchet's going to kill me. He makes me go to bed at ten (though I normally don't fall asleep till about midnight) and wants my up and moving by eight the next morning. Ratchet's currently leaning that I don't get up when I'm told to if it's before ten or eleven.

I huffed and got out of bed. I quickly changed out of my PJ's and into something a little more comfortable. My favorite jeans with holes in them, a loose red tee with 'Battlefield' written on it with a rearing crowned lion. Behind the word and lion was a shield and cross. (This is easily one of my favorite shirts.) I put on my slightly baggy zip-up coat I got from the men's coats in K-Mart. I put on my hat and glasses on before peeking out of my room.

Good, Sides and Sunny aren't around. They really don't like it when I wander off by myself.

I stepped out of my room and locked it behind me. I started walking in no particular direction, just letting my feet take me where they want to go.

I know for a fact that when I sleep till noon tomorrow (it's not morning till I wake up), Ratchet's going to give me at least a fifteen minute lecture about the necessity of sleep. Oh I am so looking forward to it.

Note sarcasm.

Hmm... I wonder what's for breakfast...?

Sorry, left field thought.

Anyways, back to the Autobots and my new life. With Sides and Sunny always looking out for me and keeping an eye on me, I can't help but feel... I don't know... what's the word I'm looking for?

Confined?

Restricted?

I guess either would work. They actually took their job at protecting me seriously. Which is kinda weird since Arcee said they usually pull a bunch of pranks and cause a bunch of mischief around the base. But ever since they were put in charge of watching over me, they've completely stopped.

I wonder what kind of pranks they like to pull?

I would love to help out in the future, but I always give things away. I do sometimes have my moments, but most of the time... I'm a dud. I can never think of a good prank to do. I always have to rely on others to think of something...

Anyways... onto other thoughts... Most of the Autobots are pretty fun to hang around with. Except Prowl. Prowl was boring! (No offense Prowl, but you need a little more emotion in your life and a little less logic.) If you can stand him, Ratchet was pretty fun to be around with. For an old grump, Ironhide was also pretty fun. Wheeljack has a tendency to blow things up, so I was cautioned to stay away from his labs or anything he makes. Jazz was awesome, he knew how to have fun. Sunny and Sides never let the younger twins near me, so I don't know anything about them.