Chapter 18

So it turns out I'm able to stay with the Autobots a few more days till Ratchet manages to make something to help me see. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I get to hang with my favorite mechs a little longer. The only problem is I can't see anyone and I have a tendency to running into walls, doors, 'Bots, and people. And on the first day, everyone liked to sneak up on me and scare me half to death. Yeah, everyone stopped after Fig snuck up behind me and I clocked him. Apparently I gave him quite a shiner. He immediately forgave me, but I still apologized a few dozen times. Still didn't make me feel any better.

Even though they weren't technically my guardians anymore, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were still protective of me. I don't really care as long as they were still there. Prowl was nice enough not to send them on patrol during my last few days which I was grateful for. I just hope Optimus and my family will let them visit me. Sides and Sunny have even been really helpful and patient with my lack of vision, helping me with anything I need.

Also after I learned I was blind, I was told my eyes are completely white. My first reaction went something along the lines of throwing my arms in the air and saying, "Awesome! Now I'm like that one black guy in Star Trek!"

Turns out my body started making it's own energon or something and it decided to concentrate itself around my eyes, making me blind. And apparently the only reason I haven't broken any bones is because they're like the skeletal structure of a protoform and I also did nothing stupid enough to to break anything. (And don't ask how Max managed to break his leg. Probably a mix between enough force from hitting the car and how fragile a growing protoform is.)

"Lily?" Ratchet's voice breached my thoughts. I turned to the sound of his voice. "I need you to try these on."

I reached up and my fingers brushed against something that felt like glasses. I grabbed it and put it on. At first static filled my vision but after a few seconds it cleared and I could see, but things were still blurry like the last few times I tried them on. I took the glasses off and everything went black again. "Not as bad, but still blurry."

Ratchet sighed. "What about your sonar?"

Oh yeah, after I lost my sight, the next day and after a killer headache, I could barley see the shapes of things. After I told Ratchet, he did so many scans on me again. Aaand I found out I got to stay for another couple days. Yippee!

"Getting better." I told him, activating my sonar. I saw him standing over me where I was sitting on Sunstreaker's leg. (Sideswipe was off talking to Optimus about something or another, they never told me.) "I can see things a lot better than before."

It was kinda like a switch. I can turn it on and off like a weird internal switch. A weird internal switch that gives me a headache if I keep it on for to long.

"But the headaches won't go away." I added after a few seconds. I felt a scan. "Stop scannin' me, mech!" I shouted in annoyance.

"I can scan you as much as I want," Ratchet snapped back. "Now when was the last time you had your menstrual cycle?"

"Ew! That's personal, Hatchet!" I cried, falling onto my back on Sunstreaker's leg. I felt a rumble come from Sunny so I slapped his leg. "Oh hush you."

"But necessary. Now when wa-"

"Little over a month ago," I interrupted. "Now will you stop asking about my personal life? Besides, I thought your scans can tell you that sort of thing." I only got a glare in response. I stuck my tongue out at him when his back was turned.

"I saw that." Ratchet spoke up from where he was hunched over his desk.

I went wide eyed and looked up at Sunstreaker. "He's got eyes in the back of his head." I whispered to him.