Chapter 16

Sideswipe's POV

Denial. That was Little Flower's immediate response. Not that anyone can blame her. No one should have to be told their family unit was offlined.

Sunny or I didn't believe Prime at first when he said those words, but with the way everyone has been treating Lily as if she was glass just waiting to shatter and the way Prowl's doorwings were lower than their usual rigid 'V'. We both stiffened as realization hit us.

"What... What are you talking about?" Lily asked, fear creeping into her voice. "My family is at home. Max is probably getting ready for CAP. And... And..." She looked around and realization dawned on her. She stared for a minute before shuddering and turning back into Sunny. I looked to the COs warily as a wail tore from Lily and she started to cry.

I looked back at Lily to see Sunny rubbing a finger softly over her back. Though I knew he would never say it out loud, our bond said otherwise. It broke my brother's spark to see our cheerful and carefree Little Flower like this. It broke mine too and there was nothing we could do for her.

Some guardians we are.

"How?" I asked, not taking my optics off of Lily.

"From what we know, the Decepticons were the one to do this." Prowl said. He paused before continuing, "They crushed her family unit's house and from the police reports, they were..." Prowl hesitated before finishing, "inside when it happened."

I snapped my head up and looked at Prowl with disbelief. The 'Cons would never let their captives die without first torturing them in some way first. But with the way Prowl's doorwings were drooping down even lower and the way Lily started crying even harder, I realized he said that for Lily rather than let her know what really happened to her family.

I reached over to Lily and gently took her shaking body from my twin and pressed her against my chest, right over my spark.

"Sideswipe, take Lily to the 'Bay. I'm going to need to keep an optic on her." Ratchet spoke up.

I silently nodded and walked out of Prime's office, heading to the med bay. As I walked, I set my engine in a soft rumble and made soft noises. It worked, but only a little. The walk to the med bay didn't take very long since everyone I came across got out of my way, even old Ironaft.

Reaching the 'bay, I walked to a back corner and sat down, bringing my knees up and holding Little Flower as tightly as I could without hurting her.

I reached out over my bond with Sunstreaker and nudged questioningly. /:What did the 'Cons really do?:/

Disgust and the feeling of needing to purge filled the bond before Sunny sent images of a data pad he was holding. On the datapad were images of Lily's house and surrounding area; both ground and aerial view. Or what was left of her house. What I saw made me want to purge. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

The oak tree that was in the front yard, was uprooted and thrown, taking out the bridge a ways down the road. The house was completely destroyed. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was seeing her pets that she loved and willing to jump between them and Ironhide and his gun to protect them nothing but... smears. Her creators looked like they were dropped from a hundred feet up.

I nearly purged as I saw the pictures. I could feel Sunstreaker was also barely holding his own energon back. As I looked on, one thing continued to stand out.

/:Where's Max?:/ I asked. A feeling of dread filled the bond. Sunny voiced my question and the dread grew as he got an answer neither of us wanted to hear.