Chapter 20

[{Comm link}] - Name of sender

([Private comm link]) - Name of sender

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

"Are you ready?"

"... No."

"You'll do fine," Optimus reassured.

I looked up to him as I stood in front of the active groundbridge with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, both in their alt-modes and their holoforms active, me in my human form.

"Says you." I took a deep breath and turned back to the swirling mass of light that made up the groundbridge.

"Don't worry Little Flower, Sunny and I will be with you the entire time." Sideswipe reassured.

I looked to his holoform and smiled. "I know, it's just... It's just I have a bad feeling about this, that's all." I waved to everyone who was there and took a deep breath before getting into Sideswipe's waiting alt. He closed the door as soon as my feet were clear. He and Sunstreaker both drove into the awaiting groundbridge.

On the other side of the groundbridge, we found ourselves on a back road away from any houses and where people can see us. Sideswipe continued driving with Sunny in front of us. The ride was silent the whole way. I'm pretty thankful since I didn't really want to talk.

Two hours later, we arrived in Spokane, Washington and were pulling up to the house I would be living in till I was eighteen and could make whatever decisions I wanted to (to an extent). I looked at the quiet suburban house and got out. It looked like any normal house. The entire house was white while green bushes surrounded it. There was a set of stairs that led up to the front door and a high wooden fence around the backyard. The front yard was medium sized with freshly cut green grass and flowers, some dying and while others were just blooming, by the driveway. Colorful wind chimes hung near the front door while barbies, toy cars, and anything else kids now-a-days play with littered the stairs and yard. Yep. Just another normal house in a big city.

As I took in the house, a small black cat with yellow eyes came running up to me. It started rubbing me and purring like there was no tomorrow.

"Salem!" I cried happily and reached down to grab my kitten. Although he was now the size of a regular cat, but I still think he's a kitten. I picked him up and hugged him close as he purred and rubbed my face with his. I grinned and smothered him with loves.

"Come on Little Flower," Sideswipe said as he nudged me towards the house that would be my new home. I started walking toward the house with Salem still in my arms and walked up the stairs, careful not to step on any toys. Reaching the door, Sunstreaker rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door opened to reveal my Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam was in like his forty's and had brown hair that was peppered with gray hair and of course he was taller than me by about a head (no surprise there really). He gave me a hug and invited us in.

We walked through a small hallway that led into the huge living room that was lower than the rest of the floor and surrounded by a railing so someone wouldn't fall by accident. It was about a three to four foot drop and for a five year old like Beverly, that was a pretty big drop. Up on the normal floor level was a descent sized kitchen with an island the only thing separating the rest of the house from the kitchen. There was also a small separate room where people could sit around and talk without the distraction of the TV. Connected to that room was the dining room with a table that had what looked like drying finger paintings on it. Right next to the living room was the stairs that led upstairs. It too had a railing on it to keep anyone from falling.