Chapter 21

[{Comm link}] - Name of sender

([Private comm link]) - Name of sender

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

I rolled over onto my front on my new bed and silently groaned. I never was good at sleeping in a new place. Thoughts of what happened earlier wouldn't leave my mind either. I felt a hand on my back between my hidden wings.

([You all right?]) - Sunstreaker I could hear the worry and concern heavy in his voice, something he would never show when others were around.

([Fine. I just can't stop thinking about earlier.]) - Little Flower I mumbled to him.

([So don't think about it.]) - Sunstreaker

I turned to look at Dianna's side of the room and curled up against sleeping Sideswipe, his arms going around me automatically, as I looked to the back of my cousin's sleeping form. ([How can I not?]) - Little Flower I whispered through the link.

Sunny started rubbing my back. ([They're just words.]) - Sunstreaker

But it wasn't just the words I was thinking about. Why would a part of me that I have unconsciously kept quelled my entire life suddenly try and break free? I mean, I knew it was there, I always did, but nothing or no one managed to provoke it like Dianna did earlier. So, after all these years, why now? I closed my eyes and concentrated on the hand rubbing my back.

It was a few minutes before I replied. ([... I know.]) - Little Flower

([Then why beat yourself up?]) - Sunstreaker

I hesitated to answer. Should I tell them? They have a right to know. But what if they think I'm a freak too and never want to be anywhere near me?

No! Stop it Lily! They wouldn't care if you somehow get turned into a squid with five faces. They will care for you no matter what you are!

They're my guardians and my best friends.

([I'll tell you both tomorrow.]) - Little Flower

([I'll hold you to it. Now recharge, you need it.]) - Sunstreaker

I smiled as I felt him slide closer and wrap his arms around me from behind. I snuggled into them before falling asleep.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

The next day, as promised, I was sitting in Sideswipe and played with my fingers as I thought about how I was going to tell them about the voice.

"So um-uh... I have this voice in my head..." I started, trying to get my thoughts together.

Sideswipe snickered through his radio, "You're hearing voices? Doesn't that mean you're going insane? Should we put you in a mental hospital?" My only response was a glare and a kick to the underside of his dash.

I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed, "I'm serious, Sideswipe. Yesterday, after you guys left the room, Dianna said something that I didn't like and a part of me wanted to hurt her. Really bad." They were both silent as they processed what I just said.

After a minute, Sideswipe spoke up first. "What'd she say?" I blinked and felt heat rising in my cheeks as I started to blush.

"Nothing!" I shouted a little too quickly.