Chapter 17

I'm not sure how long I was sleeping, but all I know is I fell asleep on Sideswipe and woke up on Jazz.

Talk about confusing the brain... Or is it a processor? I don't know. This whole thing's confusing me.

Anyways, having a dreamless sleep and going to sleep in one place and waking up in another always tended to confuse me after I woke up.

I groaned as a pounding headache hit me and waking up with bright silver all around me was not helping it in the least bit. I squeezed my eyes shut against the brightness.

"'Ay there Lil' Lady. How ya feelin'?" I heard from above me.

"I have a headache the size of Godzilla. What do you think?" I groaned.

"Stupid question?"

"Uh-yeah. Stupid question."

Jazz chuckled.

"Where's Sunny and Siders?" I asked. I missed them. A week of distancing myself from the world gets a little lonely after a while.

"Sunny's gettin' off patrol in a little bit and Sides is in a meetin' with Boss Bot, Hatchet, and Prowler."

"Grrr... make time go faster." I complained.

"Wha'? You don't want me around?"

"Sorry, didn't mean it that way. My head just hurts." I sighed. "A lot. And I'm tired. And hot. Basically I'm miserable and in pain. Please don't tell Ratchet."

At that moment, the door just had to open and let in Ratchet and Sideswipe.

"To late youngling." I heard Ratchet say as he walked in. "Why didn't you tell me that you were in pain?"

I chanced opening an eye and immediately regretted it as searing pain laced through my head. "Ow." I mumbled, squeezing my eyes closed again. "I didn't say anything because it literally just started." I felt a scan run over me. Something's telling me this is going to happen a lot in the near future. I felt myself being moved to another set of hands. "Do you have to keep doing that? It's an invasion of privacy."

"As long as you are changing, yes."

"Yipee..." I said sarcastically. "Hey Ratch'? Do you have anything for this killer headache?" I stretched my arm out. I heard someone vent and felt a quick pinch in the crook of my arm. I pulled my arm back and rubbed where the needle went in.

"Thanks, Doc Bot." I mumbled. I leaned into whoever was holding me, starting to feel the affects of whatever it was that Ratchet gave me.

A minute later, I fell into blissful sleep.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

The next few days passed without incident, only a few mild pains here and there. But these past few days, I noticed something was wrong. I tried to ask what was wrong, but no one would tell me other than my parent's funeral was next week. After I was told, I was sorta out of it again for another day. I had so many questions going through my head. Mostly why.

Why didn't I spend more time with my family?

Why did I spend so much time locked away in my room?

Why didn't I tell them I loved them more?

Why, why, why...

What did I do to deserve any of this?

When I came back, the first thing I noticed was the way Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were acting even more protective over me. Sorta like they were afraid they would lose me.