Chapter 104

PART THREE: EXTRACT

Chapter 104

The two men with the black trucks are back, including the scrawny guy. They park 50 yards from the RV.

Sam watches them through a crack in the blinds. Hopes they can't see her eyes pacing back and forth.

The pair yell to someone in the distance. Sam picks out a few words here and there. Can't make sense of anything.

One of them pulls a knife out. Shows it to the other one. It's a small hunting folder. A Buck 110.

The sight of the knife turns Sam's wounds hot. She holds a hand over them. Feels the heat creeping through her skin. Infection. She didn't tell Wil, though. That would mean camp doctors.

Sam pops a few ibuprofen tablets. Keeps the inflammation down. It's the only legitimate medicine in the RV. It'll have to do until they can leave. Then she'll see a real doctor. All in due time.

The two men saunter out of view. Sam scribbles on a piece of paper. Helps her think. Starts on the semblance of a plan. But there's no time to do that.

Open air and the scrawy guy replace where the side door of the RV used to hang. The scabs on his face contort into a grin.

"It's time, girlies," he says.

*** PLEASE SUPPORT MY WRITING! ***

This story will only be posted on Wattpad for a limited time. If you'd like the full version, head to your favorite online e-book/book retailer and pick up your own digital/print copy. Search for "Invisible Hand Sobieck." Or leave a review of the book on Amazon once you're finished reading on Wattpad. Thank you. ~Ben