Chapter 34-Best Birthday Ever

Just gonna leave off where we were in the last chapter!

I'm on a plane flying back from Ohio right now, its a night flight which is the bomb diggity! I had a lay over in STL and my ears keep popping, but the free drinks, pretzels and peanuts are really

rocking my world right now

okay anyways wow i cant believe im writing my story in the air right now haha wooooooo okay anyways,

when i land in back in Texas and get home, i'll upload all the chapters ive been writing on the flight!

(:

Oh btw sorry if the spelling is wrong or if there isnt the right puncuation or something,

 i'm writing on notepad so it doesnt auto correct.

okay anyways enjoyyy!

--

Harry's POV:

As soon as I saw Kendall reach for the guitar before we walked off the bus, I knew she was going to sing the 'secret song' for me.

She still doesn't know that I know she has written it for me. Apparently Louis almost ruined that by almost telling her, and I wouldn't want her surprise to be ruined for me. I know how hard she has worked on it and I already feel horrible knowing about it, but there's nothing I can do, as it was my fault for trying to force it out of Eleanor and Louis.

We walked away from the bus and to a near by park, that consisted of a pond and bench surrounded by some pretty flowers and trees and some other plants that

I don't know what their called. But it was beautiful, and it was pure luck that we were by something like that at a rest stop.

I could tell she was nervous, so I gave her a big speech on how no matter what happens or what she gets judged on by anyone else, I would never be one of those jerks to judge her too. I could never imagine thinking wrong of her.

Kendall finally swallowed her nerves and strummed the chords of the song that was familiar to me, as I heard her sing it in the shower once before.

Once she finished, I was blown away. I wasn't expecting less from her though since I have heard her sing before but again, only in the shower. So being able to actually hear her sing, AND play in person, was just great. Let alone, hearing the whole song was just perfect.

"You're amazing babe. The words really got to me. Thank you for writing that then singing and playing for me. It's one of my favorite gifts yet!" I said with a light laugh and smile.

She smiled back, but still looked nervous.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked her, concerned.

"Oh, I'm alright! I was just worried that you weren't going to like it or something. But I'm happy you do. Niall kinda helped me as well with what chords to put with what lyrics. It was kinda cool to write a song with my brother. I never have written before except once but it was just something silly I was doing to pass time I guess." Kendall said with a smile and shrug, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"You know, you should write a song with us! You said you liked writing with your brother, but according to our contract, if you wanna publish it and make money off of it, you can't include Niall in the co-writing because he's apart of One Direction so that would mean he's basically going solo, since he would be the only one getting paid out of all 5 of us. Ya know what I mean?" I said to Kendall, hopefully explaining our contract we have, in the easiest way possible.

"Yeah that makes sense. I would like that though, to write with you guys. It would be fun." She said thinking of the idea.

"Yeah, and it'd be a kick ass song too. Whether it was slow or fast. I actually really wanna write one now." I said to her with a big smile, becoming really excited of the thought.

"Yeah, same here! I hope it works out, but for now, maybe we should head back to the bus?" Kendall said starting to stand up.

I agreed and stood up as well. I grabbed her hand before she could start walking off.

"Thank you again for writing the song for me babe. I loved it. You gotta record it for me so I can have it forever." I said to her, only centimeters away from her face.

I leaned forward to give her a meaningful kiss, as she did in return.

Her kisses and hugs were always the best. Just being around her and in her company was a great present for me as well.

"I cant imagine not having you on tour here with us. With me. I would have hated to celebrate my birthday with out you." I said to her thinking about the lonely thought, not realising my face going into a frown.

She smiles and shakes her head, slowly standing up gesturing we head back towards the bus in the parking lot.

"You know I would come out and surprise you!" She says playfully hitting my arm before she went to reach for my hand.

"Well actually, I wouldn't know at all if it would be a surprise considering it is a surprise and all..." I said teasingly to her causing her to playfully hit me again.

"Ow babe, so abusive!" I joke while rubbing my arm where she has repeatedly hit me with the back of her little hands.

Now thinking of it, they would probably never do any damage or cause pain. She's too little and adorable to hit me or anyone. Knock on wood.

"I'm happy you're in a better mood now babe." She says smiling up to me before we walked on the bus.

Only for a second that upset me. Was I killing the excitement for everyone else? I hope not. But thankfully I have understanding friends. I pushed aside the thought as everyone anxiously asked to hear the song that Kendall just sang for me now since I finally got to hear it.

For a bit she was hesitant and nervous, not sure if she would want to or not. But we all begged to hear her sing and to our surprise, she agreed to sing again.

She sat down and placed the body of the guitar over her leg and took a deep breath, hopefully remembering what I told her about not being nervous.

A few moments later, she strummed the first chords of the song.

And thankfully, I get to hear her angelic voice again.

Best. Birthday. Ever.

-------

sorry it has been taking me so long to update. kind of a filler I apologize!