Chapter 3: Throwback.

It's been a long time since Ji-Yong and I have been together like we we're in highschool. We grew up pretty much together and my mother was the personal chef of the family, and I had to live with them.

  -9 Years ago-

"Hey! How are you pretty girl?" Ji-Yong plopped next to me, as I was doing my psychology homework. I usually did my homework in his room while he sort of slacked off.

  "Darling, do your homework." I glanced over at Ji who was attempting to look sexy but ended up looking more silly than ever. I kissed his cheeks and giggled a bit, he pinched my cheeks. "Fine, I'll do it." Too lazy to undo his backpack, he pulls my psychology book and starts to work on his homework.

  "Ji, did you ever hear back from that YG company?" I asked feeling concerned, I wanted him to get the job, I didn't want our relationship to cease but I wanted him to reach his dream. Maybe one day I could reign beside him as his fearless wife. But for now, I we were just teenagers doing our Psychology homework.

   Ji rolled over on the bed, his hair brushing against my thigh as I giggled a bit. "Y-Yes, Ji-Yong?" I watched him, as he ran his finger up against my shoulder. "Do you remember that morning, when you went to the pool? I was waiting for you, you know?" He cockily smirked; wrapping his arm around my leg.
  "I do, you kissed me but then Dami walked in and teased us." I giggled as he nibbled on my thigh. "Jagiya! What are you doing?" Ji sat up and laughed as he knew I would like that feeling.

  We stopped after a few seconds and began to smell the deliciousness that was my Mom's fried chicken which was not very known in Korea at all. "Wait, is that your mom's fried chicken?" Ji-Yong smiled as he was visibly excited. "Yeah, hopefully she'll make mashed potatoes." I spoke with ease, as I wanted to test out the theory of : ' Best way to a man's heart is through their stomach. '

  Not even it being time for dinner yet, Ji's family were already sitting at the table waiting for food, I grabbed my seat which was always next to Ji-Yong for some reason. My mother was done preparing dinner as she served herself and the family. During dinner it was quiet, no one was really attentive until Ji-Yong's father broke the silence.
"So, son. Have you decided on who you will marry?" He brought up that discussion again, I was prepared this time, I had scooted back some incase I had to run after Ji again.

  But this was different, Ji-Yong's response threw everyone into astonishing wonder. But to me it made me feel.....warm. "Dad, I've chosen to marry Maya." Ji Yong answered with the utmost confidence in what he was saying. My mother coughed as she almost nearly choked on her tea. "Really? Wow, that's very cute." Dami chuckled as she was secretly happy her ship had sailed.

  As for the elders, Ji-Yong's mother was all for it. "Which means more wonderful food for you, and with hips like that she can make beaitiful grandchildren for us." In the best english she could conjure. His father nods in agreement, as he takes a sip of his sakè. "Right, plus it means bountiful opportunity for you as well, Maya." He focused his attention on me. So far it was two parents and a sister who were on board, now it was time for the one that really mattered to me.

  "Mom...what about you?" I spoke calmly as I was so sure she would disagree and ruin my dreams once more. Taking a swig of wine, "Well, if I can get grandchildren out the wazzoo then who am I to say no. Plus, It'll teach you responsibility." Ji and I were shocked at her response but then he got up and gave her a hug. "Thanks....eomma!" Everyone gave a slight chuckled as my mom tried to hide her happiness by shrugging him off her shoulder.

   "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Make my baby happy." She pointed as she smiled and giggled afterwards, this dinner became a celebration and I just became engaged. Thus making the moment the happiest of my times with Ji when we were 18. It made me glitter with happiness and freedom as I always remembered how much I truly mean to Ji-Yong.