They Comfort You

They Comfort You:

~×~

Alphys:
She opened the door, rubbing one of her eyes groggily. Although, she instantly woke up when you gripped her floral-printed nightgown and pulled her towards you, your arms locking tightly behind her neck. You began sobbing into her shoulder, and a sudden wave of emotions rolled within her as she returned the embrace. "I-I'm so sorry!" you cried desperately against the fabric of her nightwear. "I didn't mean it! I didn't mean any of it!" One of her hands left your back and flipped on the light beside the doorframe before she carefully lead you inside. You pulled away from her, trying to wipe away your tears while she shut the front door, then took your hand. She guided you to her living room and you both sat down on the loveseat, a fuzzy blanket draped over your legs. She let you lie your head in her lap and she braided a portion of your hair as you cried.
"What happened?" she asked softly when you quieted.
"I did horrible things, Alphy. Such horrible things..." Tears gathered in your eyes again and she smiled wearily, trying to comfort you. "I hurt you. How could I ever hurt you?" Your tone was becoming hysteric again and she hushed you, trailing her fingers from the bridge of your nose to the start of your hairline, repeating the process multiple times before you were left feeling numb, the wet paths drying and your lids crusting. She flipped on the TV and played your favorite comedy, continuing her braiding and caresses until you fell asleep.

~+~

Asgore:
You harshly knocked on the large door before falling to your knees and covering your face in your hands, weeping loudly. The entrance opened not a second later and heavy footfalls neared you before you were swooped up in a pair of large arms. You gripped his shirt like your life depended on it, and soaked the fabric with your tears. He pet your hair gently and began humming a tune that felt oddly familiar, lulling you to relaxation as you rested your head against his wide chest. He moved one hand under your knees and lifted you up before carrying you inside his home, closing the door with his foot, then heading for the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for you, retreated to the living room, and came back with a blanket, wrapping it around your shoulders. Even with the warmth, you were shivering as he placed a kettle on the stove. While he waited, he returned to you, kneeling to your height. You rested your head against his shoulder, whimpering. "I'm sorry," you breathed. "You're not a failure. I'm sorry." It seemed you were saying it more for yourself than him, but he kept you close until the steam whistled.

~+~

Asriel:
You climbed that hill faster than you ever remembered being capable of, stumbling a bit along the way, but reaching his sleeping form nonetheless. He instantly woke up when you fell beside him and something glinted in his eyes before he wrapped you in an embrace, trying to keep you warm in the chill of night. You sobbed against his sweater, apologizing for killing everyone he had known while begging for forgiveness. He told you that the past was the past, that everyone made mistakes, and you were different now. When your tears ceased their cascading, you nuzzled against him and sighed. "What have I done?" you muttered against him.
"What every single human has," he told you.

~+~

Bleu (Nice Cream Guy):
He had stayed the night once you gave him a long rant about how a storage unit was not a home, and you would not allow him to sleep there. Now, you were glad he had listened to you as you shook him awake with tears in your eyes. He mumbled something inaudible before his eyes fluttered open and he glanced at you. Upon seeing the upset expression, he sat up quickly, ears straight.
"What's wrong? Are you feeling alright?" Those were questions you felt had obvious answers and you sat heavily down beside him. He wrapped an arm around your back, rubbing one shoulder.
"I had a nightmare," you said quietly and he nodded in understanding. "It felt so real," you added in a whisper.
"Some of them do," he assured you. "But it's all just a part of your imagination. It never happened."
You leaned your head on his shoulder, unconvinced. "Are you sure?"
"Of course."